Traded in the B7

Oddie

Reaction score
Decided to part company with the Audi and opt for something a bit different. The A4 has been the best car I have ever owned, not a single problem in nearly 3 years of ownership so i will be sad to see it go but... onwards and upwards as they say.

I have gone for a C Class Sport with AMG pack C220 Auto with Tiptronic. It is pretty much fully loaded with xenons, front and rear parking sensors, full heated leather, memory seats, electric seats, iPod connectivity, Bluetooth.

Collection on Saturday AM, A sad but also exciting time.

Just a final word for the good people of this forum, your help and knowledge has been invaluable and most appreciated.

Reactions: RJ44
The new car sounds a good choice. I hope you like it as much as you have the A4, and that you find a Mercedes forum that is as helpful and enjoyable to belong to as this one.

Fingers crossed ! Really excited by all the toys and kit it comes with. The audi has been superb but dissapointingly basic with no DIS, Cruise control etc. I think the Mercedes is pretty much fully loaded, can't wait to get it home now.

Nice choice. Having driven a C Class a few years ago it was uber plush so I can imagine the new model will be immense.

At the lights put your left foot on the brake, right foot on the accelerator and wag it's tail :)

Judderman, that may have to be my first port of call haha. Really looking forward to picking it up, just need to make sure i concentrate on driving the thing and not pressing up button :)

Nice...been driving 220 coupe AMG similar. Spec.... tip...62 plate lease car from work. Enjoy

Will get a picture of it uploaded once i have collected it. The C Class is in metalic silver, looks nice

So... The A4 is gone. Handed over this morning with only 20 miles of diesel left in the tank :) Sad to see it go but this new motor is amazing, such a pleasure to drive ! Childcare duties have curtailed my excitement for the time being, can't wait till the mrs returns from work !

Actually those Merc C class 'sports' look the nuts - really nice looking cars in the sport trim.

Sure you will be a happy bunny for some time to come!

Good luck..

Evening All. Bringing up a bit of an old thread here but just wanted to inform you all that I am an Audi owner once again :)

I traded my A4 B7 in for a C220 about a year ago and loved it, fantastic car but.... it wasn't an Audi. I was petrified of the snow coming down and the Merc being as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Coupled with a bit of boredom I decided to get rid. I now own a 2007 A6 2.7 V6 TDI Quattro S Line Le Mans edition. It is lovely, pleasure to drive and the V6 noise is amazing, even if it is a diesel !! I had never driven a quattro before but within 100 yards it soon became apparent why people rave over them so much. It sticks to the road like glue !

Reactions: scotty76 and V6 Quatt
Welcome back Mucker.......now don´t do anything as silly as that again! hehehe RWD fun in the snow aint it just!

Cheers
A

Celebrations all around...knew you'd be back
someone else on here has done similar thing but not back yet...lol

That's the problem with Audi ...your never quiet satisfied with anything else...what makes it worse it is a Quattro....so spoilt even more

Thanks folks. You aren't wrong, the Quattro really is superb ! Now I can't wait for the snow, bring it on !

Hi how does the A6 compare with the A4. Looking at the 3.0 tdi Quattro in both variants?

Cheers

These comments may not be too welcome in the A4 section of the forum but I'd have to say a big step up ;)

The A4 that I had was a 2.0 TDI S Line but I always found it a bit "basic" and bland. The A6 feels much more "up market" and certainly has more technology crammed into it. It is much better to drive but I think that mainly comes down to the quattro which makes a world of difference. One thing I would say though is that the A6 is much much bigger, you can really tell the size difference when driving and parking.

One thing I would say is that the A4 was a superb car for me, pretty much bomb proof.

These comments may not be too welcome in the A4 section of the forum but I'd have to say a big step up ;)

The A4 that I had was a 2.0 TDI S Line but I always found it a bit "basic" and bland. The A6 feels much more "up market" and certainly has more technology crammed into it. It is much better to drive but I think that mainly comes down to the quattro which makes a world of difference. One thing I would say though is that the A6 is much much bigger, you can really tell the size difference when driving and parking.

One thing I would say is that the A4 was a superb car for me, pretty much bomb proof.

Yeah that's pretty much clinched the deal for me, A6 it is. As I just posted in my other thread the only thing that bothered me is the weight. Dimensions don't bother me as I drive all types of vehicles for a living.

i must admit it does feel heavy but certainly doesn't feel sluggish. It's really quick and goes like a rocket when needed. I have changed my driving style since owning the A6 and generally now just cruise around slowly in it. It feels like a lot of work to get it moving again so for me it makes a massive difference anticipating lights changing, not driving a millimetre away from the car in front like a lunatic etc. If you want any more info just let me know.

i must admit it does feel heavy but certainly doesn't feel sluggish. It's really quick and goes like a rocket when needed. I have changed my driving style since owning the A6 and generally now just cruise around slowly in it. It feels like a lot of work to get it moving again so for me it makes a massive difference anticipating lights changing, not driving a millimetre away from the car in front like a lunatic etc. If you want any more info just let me know.

Will do. Thanks for the advice.

Welcome back. I need more toys and quattro next time. My car is the meanest spec A4 in the country. :)