Trade in prices

Traded in my 3 door S3 today(1 year old to the day) for a pre reg feb 2016 new M3 price 47k,got 24700 for the S3,well happy with that.300 mile round
trip,peeing with rain,missing 4wd already! Lol
Sounds not a bad deal.
Was the M3 manual or DCT?
Colour you go for?

It's not all bad regarding the S3.

£25k part ex value on my S3 after 2 years and 3.5k miles on the clock.

It is immaculate which helps.....

It's not all bad regarding the S3.

£25k part ex value on my S3 after 2 years and 3.5k miles on the clock.

It is immaculate which helps.....
Nobody but you pulp will have 3500 miles on there car over a 2 year period, you're valuation is mileage related,it should be in pristine condition it's not even run in yet...lol

Reactions: hood, pburv and veeeight
I got mine Jan 14, with a few extras. Think the cost was about £32-33k.
When it goes next Jan (3 yrs) I am hoping it will be worth more than the £17k GFV. Hopefully closer to £20k, as mileage will be below 25k.

I will defo run the full term. I will then purchase the GFV.
I will then either sell private (which i usually do. It's not difficult) or px outside Audi.
I will not be getting screwed over by Audi just focussing on monthly payments for a new car, while giving a ridiculously low p/X.

Reactions: hood, veeeight, Pulp84 and 1 other person
Nobody but you pulp will have 3500 miles on there car over a 2 year period, you're valuation is mileage related,it should be in pristine condition it's not even run in yet...lol

Lol. Fair point!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Its a manual in mineral grey.
Thought it must have been a manual at that price.Mineral grey is cracking on the M3-the performance parts will look great on it too.
Saw your post on cutters,those guys will look after you-you're one of a select few with mineral grey. Enjoy it-just be careful putting the power down in the wet:scared2:

Reactions: froggy
Thought it must have been a manual at that price.Mineral grey is cracking on the M3-the performance parts will look great on it too.
Saw your post on cutters,those guys will look after you-you're one of a select few with mineral grey. Enjoy it-just be careful putting the power down in the wet:scared2:
Yeah,wouldn't have ordered minineral grey from a factory order and would probably would have gone dct,but enjoying the manual.

Reactions: froggy
That car is total junk and a depreciation nightmare.

Oh..Did you not get on with it then? Test drove the M235i and was impressed with the straight 6 and ZF gearbox. It was just too small.

Oh..Did you not get on with it then? Test drove the M235i and was impressed with the straight 6 and ZF gearbox. It was just too small.

Did have a 320d with the ZF box and my bro has the 335i.

It's not so much the engine / gear box combo (however, the gearbox IMO is not a patch on DSG), it's more around the quality of the car.

They look nice when brand new but after 6 months and few thousand miles they get tired very quick. They are not the quality product they once we're.

Depreciation on the 1/2/3/4 models is horrific. Massive discounts and over supply. Audi are not (yet) in that position.....

Reactions: Alex jb
??

I had the 9 speed auto in my m135i......its equally as good as DSG.....infact Id say its better.

Did have a 320d with the ZF box and my bro has the 335i.

It's not so much the engine / gear box combo (however, the gearbox IMO is not a patch on DSG), it's more around the quality of the car.

They look nice when brand new but after 6 months and few thousand miles they get tired very quick. They are not the quality product they once we're.

Depreciation on the 1/2/3/4 models is horrific. Massive discounts and over supply. Audi are not (yet) in that position.....

Have to agree with Kuga, the ZF was as good as the DSG. I preferred the steering and the iDrive, but would struggle to trade in the quattro now that I've had it for a while. The instant, no wheel spin traction is just addictive....

No idea on depreciation (struggling to find any breakdown of finance deals on the BMW, unlike the finance calculator on the Audi website) to compare GFV values, but while I still love my S5, the sagging leather on my 'fine Nappa leather' seats after just 4 months and 3,5k miles takes the complete ****....

Reactions: Simonb1975
??

I had the 9 speed auto in my m135i......its equally as good as DSG.....infact Id say its better.
Personal preference.

Did 72,000 miles with the ZF box and about the same with DSG.

Found the ZF to be really slow in situations it wasn't expecting, jerky during lower gears and bit slower with up changes. I personally find DSG better on all fronts.

Newer versions might be better but from driving my Bros 2016 335i model I'd say it's just the same.

Reactions: Alex jb
The ZF box IMO is too slow even in the Jag XF, it has won a lot of auto industry accolades, but that is volume based.
Had an A4 S-tronic as a courtesy car and found that much better at predicting the low speed down shifts.

With the threat of the C8 A6 looming I found huge discounts on orangecar and through car wow from Coventry Audi, up to 30% off an A6 ultra, the problem is that the GFV was shocking, it was only a viable loss if purchasing the car on 5year car loan.

Maybe the gearbox is set up differently for different cars.

In the m135i, it was lightning quick and almost telepathic! It always seemed to be in the right gear no matter what I was doing!

Id have another m135i in a heartbeat if they did it in xdrive for the UK.

Maybe the gearbox is set up differently for different cars.

In the m135i, it was lightning quick and almost telepathic! It always seemed to be in the right gear no matter what I was doing!

Id have another m135i in a heartbeat if they did it in xdrive for the UK.

It is. It's tuned for every application by the car maker, be it jaguar for lofting you around in imperious comfort with a hint of sporty intent, BMW with a wide variation of limousine applications down to M sport models, it's fitted in everything from Rolls Royces to Ram trucks. Even the new dodge charger gets it.

That gearbox (ZF 8HP) has won that many accolades because it is that good. Brilliant in fact, but just like the VAG DCT it's reliant on interpretation of sensor inputs with previous programming in order to chose a gear. Telepathy has not yet been implemented on any auto box, so if you if you want to be in the right gear, at the right time, every single time, it's best to stick to the old fashioned method and swap your own cogs with three pedals and an H gate lever.

This gearbox is due to be fitted with a centre diff for use by VAG in 4WD models, so you can expect to see much much more of it.

My experience....
I have been offered £22,500 by Jaguar for my March 2014 S3 Sportback with 22k miles, against an F Type AWD Coupe. Just waiting for an update after they do a call around to see if they can improve on price. Realistically I do not expect much improvement.

I have been using various sites to get free valuations (CAP, Audi, WBAC) so that I know what to expect. They vary between £21k and £23k.

When I bought the S3 I asked for a finance quote and it gave £17,978 as a GMFV after 3 years. Based on the numbers thus far I would say the trade in value would not be far off this. If I had taken the finance the interest would have wiped out the discount and I would not have seen my deposit when I came to change in 3 years.

My experience....
I have been offered £22,500 by Jaguar for my March 2014 S3 Sportback with 22k miles, against an F Type AWD Coupe. Just waiting for an update after they do a call around to see if they can improve on price. Realistically I do not expect much improvement.

I have been using various sites to get free valuations (CAP, Audi, WBAC) so that I know what to expect. They vary between £21k and £23k.

When I bought the S3 I asked for a finance quote and it gave £17,978 as a GMFV after 3 years. Based on the numbers thus far I would say the trade in value would not be far off this. If I had taken the finance the interest would have wiped out the discount and I would not have seen my deposit when I came to change in 3 years.

A wee video to keep you entertained while you weigh up the man-maths!!

Try and ignore the plonker who owns it and skip to 6:21 .......................rather a nice exhaust note and probably a worthwhile mod ;)

A wee video to keep you entertained while you weigh up the man-maths!!

Try and ignore the plonker who owns it and skip to 6:21 .......................rather a nice exhaust note and probably a worthwhile mod ;)

Great sound but the tool driving it shouldn't be allowed out on his own.

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
If I had taken the finance the interest would have wiped out the discount and I would not have seen my deposit when I came to change in 3 years.
I think it's safe to say no matter how small or large your deposit on a PCP and how much your monthly payments are, everyone just needs to be thinking "All this money will be gone at the end of the term and I'll be starting all over again". So set a figure of what you feel happy to lose upfront & each month and away you go, get the best car you can for that amount :)

Reactions: richinsoton and pburv