Traction Issues

Brandon Williams

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have had my A4 BE 2 months now and i am loving it, even if the MPG is shockingly bad haha. Anyone else getting figures of 29-32mpg on the 1.4 Petrol S-Tronic?

This is only my second car and my first petrol and automatic- i have noticed when pulling away from a roundabout or being flashed by another car to come through, when putting my foot down it struggles for traction and hesitates/jumps.. am i just being too heavy footed or?

They'll be the standard fit 245 section tyres on the 19" wheels. Shouldn't really have massive traction problems although the cold will compound the issue a bit for sure.
They’ll be 243/35 R19

It could be a combination of a heavy foot (which could also explain the low mpg) and hard/cold tyres.

I’ve got the Avant manual and my mpg is over those figures already and I’ve only covered 216 Miles.

I have found I lose a little traction if I put my foot flat down but generally not.

Maybe ease back on the right foot. ;)

Hey All,

I have had my A4 BE 2 months now and i am loving it, even if the MPG is shockingly bad haha. Anyone else getting figures of 29-32mpg on the 1.4 Petrol S-Tronic?

This is only my second car and my first petrol and automatic- i have noticed when pulling away from a roundabout or being flashed by another car to come through, when putting my foot down it struggles for traction and hesitates/jumps.. am i just being too heavy footed or?
Given that your mpg is poor and you struggle for traction is is rather obvious you need lighter shoes ;-)

Reactions: RaZ A4, Riko0073 and A4AvantBlackEdition