Sportback Traction control

RS03_SEN

Reaction score
Had a problem with the traction control pretty much since day 1.
Even in the dry at say 15-20mph I can put my foot down and the traction control light will come on and the car won’t accelerate much.
I took it to Audi to look at and they said they tyre pressures were low, which they sorted.
Problem was still there. It’s not all the time but it’s often enough.
If I accelerate, let off, then back on again, it seems to do it more often.
Took it to Audi again last week and they drove it, said they got no light on the dash. Plugged the car in and it showed that the car was mapped and they told me to have it returned to standard before they can diagnose properly.
I asked them to change the haldex oil which they did and they also told me they changed the filter.
The problem is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What make of tyre are you running?
People with facelift cars mention similar issues when running Michelin PS4s

Had a problem with the traction control pretty much since day 1.
Even in the dry at say 15-20mph I can put my foot down and the traction control light will come on and the car won’t accelerate much.
I took it to Audi to look at and they said they tyre pressures were low, which they sorted.
Problem was still there. It’s not all the time but it’s often enough.
If I accelerate, let off, then back on again, it seems to do it more often.
Took it to Audi again last week and they drove it, said they got no light on the dash. Plugged the car in and it showed that the car was mapped and they told me to have it returned to standard before they can diagnose properly.
I asked them to change the haldex oil which they did and they also told me they changed the filter.
The problem is still there.

What tyre size and brand you got on them?

Had Pirelli pzero when I bought it then recently changed to Michelin super sports. Happened with both sets.
I could understand if the roads were wet and I was doing some speed or accelerating hard but it does it when it’s dry and I’m not driving hard.

255/30/19 front 235/35/19 rear. I just got same size as was already on it.

You need a square set up , mine did that with the 255’s on the front traction used to flicker and loose acceleration, changed to 235/35/19 all around and never had the problem since much better

Reactions: RS03_SEN
You need a square set up , mine did that with the 255’s on the front traction used to flicker and loose acceleration, changed to 235/35/19 all around and never had the problem since much better

Makes sense now you mention it. If traction control gets confused when tyre pressure is low, surely different profile tyres will cause a similar issue?

Makes sense now you mention it. If traction control gets confused when tyre pressure is low, surely different profile tyres will cause a similar issue?

Quattro is very sensitive to difference size tyres , change to 235 problem be gone straight away

Quattro is very sensitive to difference size tyres , change to 235 problem be gone straight away

Should have joined the forum a couple of weeks back, only just put brand new tyres in all round. Thanks a lot for that. Really appreciate it. Been doing my head in since October and always worrying when it happens when overtaking!

Reactions: Jonessy95
Should have joined the forum a couple of weeks back, only just put brand new tyres in all round. Thanks a lot for that. Really appreciate it. Been doing my head in since October and always worrying when it happens when overtaking!

Yeah it’s definitely not the remap or haldex , definitely the tyres since I had this problem

I have the same problem.

Have you tried turning tc off? So it’s in sports mode

From skim reading, it’s suggested that the 255/30/19 and 235/35/19 tyres are wrong? No that’s the staggered factory setup as intended.

Oversensitive traction control is well known on these cars, touch the TC button once and put it into sport and no more issues.

Reactions: kaspar
What size tyres you got on?

I have the staggered setup as well, 255 in front, 235 in the back p zero’s

Reactions: Jonessy95
It is not tyres nor is it the staggered setup even though some tyres can make the issue slightly worse. However, the root cause is not tyres.

I have had this issue from new on staggered PZeros, square 235 and square 255 PSS4S.

From another thread I commented on:

"I am 99.9% convinced the issue lies in a combination of over sensitive TC software and slack in the 4WD system, commonly found with Haldex systems. Once all 4 tyres hook up there isn't an issue but the TC software see's "slip" during the time it takes the system the engage all 4 wheels fully. For me this is evident with the TC off. Hard acceleration starts with a very brief but discernible amount of slip followed by huge grip.

Audi torsen AWD systems have less slip/hook up time so those cars fair better with sensitive TC software."

It is not tyres nor is it the staggered setup even though some tyres can make the issue slightly worse. However, the root cause is not tyres.

I have had this issue from new on staggered PZeros, square 235 and square 255 PSS4S.

From another thread I commented on:

"I am 99.9% convinced the issue lies in a combination of over sensitive TC software and slack in the 4WD system, commonly found with Haldex systems. Once all 4 tyres hook up there isn't an issue but the TC software see's "slip" during the time it takes the system the engage all 4 wheels fully. For me this is evident with the TC off. Hard acceleration starts with a very brief but discernible amount of slip followed by huge grip.

Audi torsen AWD systems have less slip/hook up time so those cars fair better with sensitive TC software."

I’m 99% certain my car does it with TC off also but I will check when the roads are dry again.

Hi,
I have the same problem. Called the dealer who approached Audi and apperantly there is an update to the ABS module. Haven't had the chance to update yet so i do not if it solves the problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Splathead and RS03_SEN
Hi,
I have the same problem. Called the dealer who approached Audi and apperantly there is an update to the ABS module. Haven't had the chance to update yet so i do not if it solves the problem.

When was this update released?

The dealer told me it was released in April 2019.