Traction control

Josh S3

Reaction score
Hi guys,.

Is there any way of permanently disabling the TCS? Mine has a problem where the rear wheels are dragging on tight turns and when the traction control is turned off it doesn't happen. However my TCS is constantly on at the moment and I can't turn it off?

Is there a fuse or something that can be taken out to essential turn the traction control off completely?

Picture for attention
8700a587266f322cb555f1666502bc2c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen that and it disables the haldex which only gives me FWD. I want to retain the 4WD function but eliminate the TCS.

Thanks though buddy!

You can code out ESP but that realistically is only masking a potential issue as locking up the rears is generally related to faulty haldex controller and/or precharge pump...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Josh S3
I've heard this but I've also heard that it could be the steering angle sensor (vagcom) so unsure of where the issue lies. Unfortunately due to getting married and honeymoon etc I don't have a large amount of funds lying about so I have to think cheap it's my daily to and from work (only 2 miles mind you) so looking for a cheap temporary fix.

Tufty how would I go about coding out the esp? I'm guessing it's not as easy as just removing a fuse (like #31)

From what I recall when I did mine you go to the ABS module using VCDS and recode it subtracting 2048 from the current coding (make a note of it in case you need to roll back)... it depends on the ABS module that you have but I believe VCDS will have hints as to what the value is when you use it...

https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238594

There is another thread in the 8L section too somewhere

<tuffty/>

Tufty as always, thank you for the input! I'll take a look at that when I get a chance!

classic common issue with such a variety of success stories.
Mine turned out to be the haldex controller unit.
The simplest fix I have read in the past was someone done a filter and fluid change on the haldex unit.
Remove the fuse first and just make sure the problem is cured - if not I guess its a mechanical issue?
I lived with the issue for years (just took it easy when doing very sharp turns) before I took the plunge after finding a brand new unit for sale in USA on Eb*y. £155 delivered - that was a few years ago now.
On VCD I think there is a test you can run through on the precharge pump.
Even if you think its the steering angle sensor, there are blocks you can read when doing full steering locks to see check.

As it turns out very few people actually had any faults shown up on VCD...something does not think its broke!

NOTE: Being such a common issue I was extremely wary of buying any related second hand part to replace in fault finding - so just be aware unless you have confidence in its source