traction control light always on.....

C

colicabcadam

ok - suspension changed for coilovers, but the mechanic did not put the adjusters on the rear, so the rear was much lower than the front, this caused the abs light to stay on, after a little driving, it reset its self withing 100 meters

anyways, the adjusters were added to the rear, which bought it up higher than the front (it all needs fine tuning, which to be honest, we did not have time to do), but now the esp light (yellow triangle with a circle arrow) is constantly on.

the haldex kicks in, so it cant be a wheel sensor and there's no problem with the abs either. am i right in saying that there are other sensors involved in this? such as longitude and lititude sensors? if so, i take it when the rear levels out with the front, the esp light should go out and the traction control will work again?

ball joint is getting chaned tomorrow, so if i can pass on some advice to the mechanic it would be great.

Ideally you need to get the car scanned to know exactly what the problem is. Hopefully is will clear itself once your suspension is sorted.

There is a way to re-calibrate the sensors using VCDS.

oh ok cool, well, i hope adjusting the suspension sorts it!!