Facelift Tracking RS3 with Pirellis?

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before but, I'm tracking my car in December and am wanted to know if anyone has done it with the RO2 Pirelli's? I'm thinking of buying a set of Michelin's but don't know whether it's worth it, if the Pirelli's hold up well I'll just stick with them. Any advice appreciated.

Not sure if this has been asked before but, I'm tracking my car in December and am wanted to know if anyone has done it with the RO2 Pirelli's? I'm thinking of buying a set of Michelin's but don't know whether it's worth it, if the Pirelli's hold up well I'll just stick with them. Any advice appreciated.

Don’t do it. I changed to Michelin’s and now after a month I’m buying more Pirelli’s after it just totally not working with the car.

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
Done a track day at castle Coombe in October I wouldn’t recommend the stock Pirelli tyres 235 all round.

over heating very quickly with in 4 laps at 39psi hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try some Michelin cup2’s for track, I have these on my GTR and would of put them on my RS3 if I didn’t want a all year round tyre.
Michelin 4s for me 245 all round on 8.5 wheels.

Don’t do it. I changed to Michelin’s and now after a month I’m buying more Pirelli’s after it just totally not working with the car.

Sorry, I cannot follow. Which Michelin did you install on the RS3? P Zero is already **** on the street and it will be a catastrophe on the track. I drive Cup 2 (track use) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (street use) on my GT4 and both are excellent, in particular the 4S for regular street use. Huge amount of grip, almost semi slick level. First thing I'll do is get rid of the P Zero and buy the 4S instead.

Sorry, I cannot follow. Which Michelin did you install on the RS3? P Zero is already **** on the street and it will be a catastrophe on the track. I drive Cup 2 (track use) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (street use) on my GT4 and both are excellent, in particular the 4S for regular street use. Huge amount of grip, almost semi slick level. First thing I'll do is get rid of the P Zero and buy the 4S instead.

This appears to be why @billymc92 isn’t a fan of the 4s’s:

b799c24fdba73fde357cb028ef8e1037.jpg

Reactions: billymc92
Yeah, but I have my driving experience too and I don‘t like the P Zero at all. Compared to the 4S the grip level is truly bad and there is no way to use the Pirelli on the track, unless you are a fan of understeer. ;)

Yeah, but I have my driving experience too and I don‘t like the P Zero at all. Compared to the 4S the grip level is truly bad and there is no way to use the Pirelli on the track, unless you are a fan of understeer. ;)

Very true, all opinions at the end of the day, that is why there is choice