Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you find out this info lol :icon thumright:
Possibility mine could be in there then ;)

I was chasing up about my car as it was due before Xmas and it was looking on, but my dealer said it won’t be on the boat on the 12th but may make it on the last one before Xmas…

Either way mine won’t be here until January now.

Had it been on the 12th boat then it might have at least made it before January… so you may get some good news

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
I ordered my Vorsprung the day order books opened, mine is still showing as been built this week (BW49)
Mines the same but I ordered first week in September, just shows there's more going on than simply ordering date for the length of waiting time

Reactions: RS03???

pops/bangs/burbles on startup

Reactions: Waq1, Jcbmally, Mike.46 and 2 others
If its anything like my 8v S3 it'll get much louder after a couple thousand miles, was night and day difference. So for un-run in I think it sounds reasonable

Reactions: Waq1
So just over a second quicker than a Golf 8R over the 100-200kph, (9.6 v 10.8) I thought it would be quicker than that?

Sounds awful by comparison to the 8V when stationary, that's expected...it'll sound better on the move
Current Sound Regs limit cars to no louder than a hoover which is why they sound like a hoover from zero revs! As I said elsewhere though no idea how the Merc V8's have stayed so loud.

TX.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, FBF01 and Snake Pliskin
So just over a second quicker than a Golf 8R over the 100-200kph, (9.6 v 10.8) I thought it would be quicker than that?
The 8R is mysteriously quick though in every test it does!

TX.

Reactions: Waq1 and FBF01
The 8R is mysteriously quick though in every test it does!

TX.
Just watched the same bloke (Automann) doing the 8R 100-200, it's more like 2 seconds slower than RS3 (11.5secs) which is more like I thought it should be, my lads Golf mk2 does the 100-200kph around 5.5-6.0 seconds, now that is quick :)

Attachments

• photo (2)_Golf.jpg
    photo (2)_Golf.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Daggerit
He also states it's on Winter tyres and the outside air temp is cold.

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
Just watched the same bloke (Automann) doing the 8R 100-200, it's more like 2 seconds slower than RS3 (11.5secs) which is more like I thought it should be, my lads Golf mk2 does the 100-200kph around 5.5-6.0 seconds, now that is quick :)
Love the Mk2, had a big bumper 16v one myself back in the day.

TX.

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Love the Mk2, had a big bumper 16v one myself back in the day.

TX.
This Mk2 runs forged RS3 engine with hybrid turbo, Syvecs ecu, Mk1 TT gearbox/4WD system with Haldex controller and Golf Rallye independent rear suspension, It drives nice and handles the approx 520hp really well :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 1 other person
This Mk2 runs forged RS3 engine with hybrid turbo, Syvecs ecu, Mk1 TT gearbox/4WD system with Haldex controller and Golf Rallye independent rear suspension, It drives nice and handles the approx 520hp really well :)
Wow fair play to him :salute:

TX.

I just got an email from Audi UK… Unclear what this email means… Anyone know? As far as I know I have no build date…

Attachments

• BB19E219-A7E3-4FF8-9459-1D969405647C.jpeg
    BB19E219-A7E3-4FF8-9459-1D969405647C.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 139
I just got an email from Audi UK… Unclear what this email means… Anyone know? As far as I know I have no build date…

Preparing to build.

Self explanatory really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Waq1 and Snake Pliskin
Preparing to build.

Self explanatory really.

Let me rephrase that… As I have no build date is this email just basically an email to let me know they haven‘t forgotten my order!

Let me rephrase that… As I have no build date is this email just basically an email to let me know they haven‘t forgotten my order!

Lol it’s catching then.
IMG 7143

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think someone just remembered to turn on the email at Audi…

But as I said it doesn’t mean anything without a build date!

Reactions: Waq1
I think someone just remembered to turn on the email at Audi…

But as I said it doesn’t mean anything without a build date!

Well I would say they are placing orders for all the relevant parts, then when they arrive, Audi can give out a build date.

Had an email from Audi telling me my car is being prepped for build wtf

• Wow
Reactions: FBF01 and Snake Pliskin
I also have the preparing parts for build email.
Not sure if I have a build date so will check tomorrow

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and Jassyo06
Well I would say they are placing orders for all the relevant parts, then when they arrive, Audi can give out a build date.

I mean they already have the all the parts! It is the left over bits that no one else in Europe wanted because they went for the design pack!

Looks like someone has plugged the computer back in :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
I just got the same email, hopefully Santa will deliver them all the bits they need

Reactions: Jassyo06
Same.. mines an rs3 tho, some of you have an A3 coming :tearsofjoy:
293B4102 AE93 48DC B147 CAA39BF9B7D4

Reactions: ZB1 and RS3ree
I mean they already have the all the parts! It is the left over bits that no one else in Europe wanted because they went for the design pack!

Nope.

Yours is awaiting special 8 pot calipers.

Back of the queue you go.

• Haha
Reactions: Waq1, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Nope.

Yours is awaiting special 8 pot calipers.

Back of the queue you go.

My Christmas present is 8 pots for all of you! So you are joining me…

Reactions: Terminator x
Status
Not open for further replies.