Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol just been to Audi Stockport, more life in the cemetery.

There were more ‘interesting’ cars across the way at VW, a very nice TCR, which made me think maybe I could buy that and run it for 10 months then sell it when the RS3 lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin

There were more ‘interesting’ cars across the way at VW, a very nice TCR, which made me think maybe I could buy that and run it for 10 months then sell it when the RS3 lands.

Was the TCR at list or inflated price? Lots of VW garages asking silly money for Golf 8R at the moment, funnily enough even those that Joe Achilles track day'd and VBH jumped over a bridge :)

Was the TCR at list or inflated price? Lots of VW garages asking silly money for Golf 8R at the moment, funnily enough even those that Joe Achilles track day'd and VBH jumped over a bridge :)

£33,595

Cazoo offer £30k on buying one now.

:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: WOW, Smack, Hi i'm Shm, Smack....sorted :)

Needs a good smack
Needs a good smack 2

There’s nothing new left to say by the youtubers, it's all been done and said before, you’ve driven it, I guess there’s not much new on here anymore either, same old winging about dealers and late deliveries, so, with that very negative attitude why are you here anymore? You’ve heard it all, seen it all and apparently seem to know it all.
With your vast knowledge and negative attitude maybe you should just troll somewhere else?

I think you've said the right things here, but unfortunately against the wrong person. These words should be directed at another that hasn't said one good word about the RS3 since the start of this sub forum pretty much every post they make, yet sold a car they absolutely loved to buy one ultimately trolling themselves lmao, but still makes your eyes bleed to see it every post.
How about both of you wind your neck in and quit having a go at others. It’s a forum for adults, not a playground

Reactions: Jassyo06, abmat, 45bvtc and 1 other person
You could’ve been ahead of the pack,

Booked a Dyno session then you could’ve been the first to have figures for the standard new car.
Also could’ve got it on a ramp and did a tour of the underside, see the new torque vector diff and any visual differences, in chassis components, exhaust etc…….

Anyone know of any dynos in the south london area? If I can find one tomorrow I’m open to that suggestion.

It is short notice but that’s partly down to the fact that I have been out the country

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Anyone know of any dynos in the south london area? If I can find one tomorrow I’m open to that suggestion.

It is short notice but that’s partly down to the fact that I have been out the country

Wish I could help but I’m at the other end of the country.

How about both of you wind your neck in and quit having a go at others. It’s a forum for adults, not a playground

I'm not having a go, I havent been rude or used threatening, racist or abusive language, it's my opinion, it's a Forum, maybe you should read some of the comments that I based my post/reply on

Reactions: Add_Profile

I imagine we all know how fast it is, how well it can go sideways etc, It's difficult to know what to suggest, Volkswizard touched on some other area's like tyre noise etc, I imagine the next video's will be dyno, drag races etc and maybe just living with the RS3 as a daily? I'll watch most stuff at the moment but woud rather not have a succession of AHR ''it's like wow'' doesnt really tell me anything that :)

I'm not having a go, I havent been rude or used threatening, racist or abusive language, it's my opinion, it's a Forum, maybe you should read some of the comments that I based my post/reply on

For some unknown reason I seemed to have rubbed your Rhubarb, apologies if that’s the case.

Reactions: Jassyo06, johnmv55 and Add_Profile

Yes I went to Audi Stockport last week there stock was very thin . The TCR looks a nice car .

My wife went to test drive a Cupra Formentor VZ Edition today as she wants her own car for the kids and dog etc we was pleasantly surprised how good it was the interior was a nice place to be also with decent materials compared to the 8R I drove last week .

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Yes I went to Audi Stockport last week there stock was very thin . The TCR looks a nice car .

My wife went to test drive a Cupra Formentor VZ Edition today as she wants her own car for the kids and dog etc we was pleasantly surprised how good it was the interior was a nice place to be also with decent materials compared to the 8R I drove last week .

2 cars of interest.

RSQ3 at 59k

RS4 at 80k.

Salesmen all busy doing nothing and no real interaction.

All in all same as we’ve experienced before.

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
2 cars of interest.

RSQ3 at 59k

RS4 at 80k.

big jump to the RS4 mate.
RSQ3 is a car that’s tempted me a few times.
You looking at built & available cars ?

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
big jump to the RS4 mate.
RSQ3 is a car that’s tempted me a few times.
You looking at built & available cars ?

Just seeing what’s out there.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
come across a post on Facebook earlier was a damaged rsq3 in kaylami green anyone else seen it ? If so post the link

2 cars of interest.

RSQ3 at 59k

RS4 at 80k.

Both very nice fast machines with good practicality

I'd take the Rs4 out the two but I can't afford one :laughing:

Reactions: johnmv55, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
2 cars of interest.

RSQ3 at 59k

RS4 at 80k.

Rs4 was a real consideration for me. Specd one up last night oddly enough as still flirting with one when getting frustrated with my rs3 (not that it would come anywhere near sooner ).

Gone for rs3 + a fast 3er estate (m340i most likely) instead but oddly the rs4 would have been the cheaper option

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Rs4 was a real consideration for me. Specd one up last night oddly enough as still flirting with one when getting frustrated with my rs3 (not that it would come anywhere near sooner ).

Gone for rs3 + a fast 3er estate (m340i most likely) instead but oddly the rs4 would have been the cheaper option

Not sure I’d get on with it really. Nice to have extra room, nice interior, but it’s getting into barge territory

When I went to look at the alternative seats I looked at similar in their RS4, I think if the car had ACC I wouldnt have left there without it
Audi RS4

Not sure I’d get on with it really. Nice to have extra room, nice interior, but it’s getting into barge territory

Yer would only work for me to replace two other cars. It would be a compromise. Nice compromise but still.

I’m going crazy - I could’ve sworn the round wheel was heated but I can’t see it in my car

Does anyone know if it’s meant to be on? I was 100% sure it had it!

I’m going crazy - I could’ve sworn the round wheel was heated but I can’t see it in my car

Does anyone know if it’s meant to be on? I was 100% sure it had it!
Don't think so pal.

Come on get a photo bank up. :whistle2: :thumbs up:

Attachments

• 635DCA04-53C2-4EAD-87C6-00D3EFEB60BE.jpeg
    635DCA04-53C2-4EAD-87C6-00D3EFEB60BE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • CAE24FC6-A4F9-4366-8968-039E39CD368B.jpeg
    CAE24FC6-A4F9-4366-8968-039E39CD368B.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 143
  • 0C9E75F0-D2A0-4933-B282-7A3202AECAB4.jpeg
    0C9E75F0-D2A0-4933-B282-7A3202AECAB4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
  • 26B17338-A7D8-47C9-8CF0-CEB81801787C.jpeg
    26B17338-A7D8-47C9-8CF0-CEB81801787C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: Mr Freeze, ZB1, Pinky1959 and 4 others
Actually really like the wheel, I think a lot of minds will be changed when people take delivery etc - it’s really nice

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
Finally got a build week for what it’s worth, week 23, Vorsprung Saloon.

Reactions: Patrickv, Daggerit, Sandra and 1 other person
Actually really like the wheel, I think a lot of minds will be changed when people take delivery etc - it’s really nice

Wheel looks good, personally I’d rather have this one than have the old style wheel.

Of course new style with flat bottom and alcantara would be

First impressions; better suspension which is a lot softer on bumpy roads, more precise steering and the variable turning ratio is obviously a lot less than the previous gen.

Definitely fake noise pumped into the cabin! Why?! I will have to use an OBD to turn that off on mine.

RS Performance/Torque Rear disable some of the assistance features such as stability control and front impact protection

The seats are a lot better than the previous gen; and I can confirm the wheel works like a wheel...

Also spent a good 30 minutes trying to launch it and the best I got was a 4.1 seconds - now thats clearly not the maximum you can get but it was the best I could get where I have been filming due to traffic etc,

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Daggerit
First impressions; better suspension which is a lot softer on bumpy roads, more precise steering and the variable turning ratio is obviously a lot less than the previous gen.

Definitely fake noise pumped into the cabin! Why?! I will have to use an OBD to turn that off on mine.

RS Performance/Torque Rear disable some of the assistance features such as stability control and front impact protection

The seats are a lot better than the previous gen; and I can confirm the wheel works like a wheel...

Also spent a good 30 minutes trying to launch it and the best I got was a 4.1 seconds - now thats clearly not the maximum you can get but it was the best I could get where I have been filming due to traffic etc,
When's video coming? Did you manage to do the little thing I mentioned with the valves?

was it standard suspension or the adaptive dampers ?

Adaptive. and I am still filming but just had a break for lunch.

I am going to do the outside and inside and infotainment and the valves next!

I plan on the video being out tonight (and trying to beat the official media videos but that depends on what time they are allowed to post).

EDIT: GadgetsBoy video is out so maybe I will be too slow! but it will be out tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
Adaptive. and I am still filming but just had a break for lunch.

I am going to do the outside and inside and infotainment and the valves next!

I plan on the video being out tonight (and trying to beat the official media videos but that depends on what time they are allowed to post).

EDIT: GadgetsBoy video is out so maybe I will be too slow! but it will be out tonight.

You've waited months for this car ........ & you are having lunch !!! ??? :blink: :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Alexlfc17, Jcbmally, NevMan and 3 others
Lol try filming on an empty stomach.
I am actually in a rush as I’ve not filmed the outside yet and it’s dark in half an hour and I’m 15 mins away from mine. So fingers crossed

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.