Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be due to the carbon trim? A friend mentioned it to me the other day but seeing that photo confirms it! I’d assume it’s the carbon insert but could be wrong
Can’t really see why that would/should make any difference. Weird one.

Can’t really see why that would/should make any difference. Weird one.

From my limited carbon fibre fabrication experience, I imagine that it’ll be down to not being able to reliably mould it with that tiny strip at a cost effective price point.

It’s a feature that if it wasn’t 100% straight would look really bad I imagine, so they probably just took it out of the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambient light was in the black one I test drove.

You can see it in this picture.

75dd95df4cfd93e475268c98463c92e0.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 2 others
It's a car without the full carbon trim though, so I'd expect it to?

Another item Audi can save stocks on then lol.
The ambient lights really lifted the interior too.
Oh dear.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Another item Audi can save stocks on then lol.
The ambient lights really lifted the interior too.
Oh dear.

I agree it's a shame. I presume it's not tucked up under it or something instead? Suppose that would kinda defeat the point of it being a subtle strip of light though.

I can’t believe the Tech’s at Audi can’t fit an led strip into carbon trim ... surely that’s not beyond them - plus doesn’t it mention ambient light across the whole RS3 range in the spec sheets ?

Reactions: Daggerit
I agree it's a shame. I presume it's not tucked up under it or something instead? Suppose that would kinda defeat the point of it being a subtle strip of light though.

In the picture above you can see the light in a fine slit and that goes across the dash.

The carbon one doesn’t look like it has the same looking at the Enkae picture.

I can’t believe the Tech’s at Audi can’t fit an led strip into carbon trim ... surely that’s not beyond them - plus doesn’t it mention ambient light across the whole RS3 range in the spec sheets ?

Can’t see it on this one either.
330c9a9b0fde9a7319dfd74b20eb8661.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Just noticed Audi have removed the Ambient Lighting strip that covers the entire front dashboard like in this picture of an S3. They've removed it for the RS3.

Lol... this car is losing parts by the day. At least those who were disappointed that RS3s don't come as a 2 door hatchback and had to order a sportback there's now a good chance their cars will arrive with only two doors anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Can’t see it on this one either.
330c9a9b0fde9a7319dfd74b20eb8661.jpg

Just checked my order and document and this is stated as being included:

QQ2 Ambient lighting pack

So we will see.

Reactions: Jcbmally

So we will see.

Watch the video of the black one above that Jassy06 posted.
No light across the dashboard in any of the shots.
It looks like it’s on the door cards though as you can see the green shining from under the trims.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
In the picture above you can see the light in a fine slit and that goes across the dash.

I know about the normal one, I was wondering if the carbon one had it tucked under it to shine down rather than being directly visible like the standard trim version.

I agree it looks like it's been omitted from the versions with full carbon, for the reason I'd said previously I'd assume.

I dont think it's 'real' carbon either to be honest, It looks more like fake carbon to me

I doubt that it'll be the fitting and more the manufacture of the part, like I said before. If you want the strip for the LED to look good you can't machine it and have to include it in the actual mould, which will make the whole thing significantly more expensive and difficult to get bang on, so I assume they just ditched it to make things cheaper and easier to manufacture.

I dont think it's 'real' carbon either to be honest, It looks more like fake carbon to me
Potentially, but I imagine that it would be advertised as 'carbon effect' if it wasn't real. It might just be a real carbon skin over a plastic part like the bits in my B9 S4 were.

Hopefully it is just some of these launch editions / Frankenstein cars without the full ambient light pack.

Reactions: kayemill
Potentially, but I imagine that it would be advertised as 'carbon effect' if it wasn't real. It might just be a real carbon skin over a plastic part like the bits in my B9 S4 were.
Youve probably watched it anyway but at 5:55 Mat Watson describes it as 'Carbon effect trim which I am not to sure about'

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Youve probably watched it anyway but at 5:55 Mat Watson describes it as 'Carbon effect trim which I am not to sure about'

Yeah, but do you think he'd really know real from fake carbon just by looking at it? Hahaha.

Edit: Just watched it as closely as I could and it does look a little too perfect for real carbon fibre. There's almost always some very slight imperfections that can catch your eye but this doesn't seem to have any, but that could be because it's matte rather than gloss and doesn't show it as much? Don't know. Basically I'd like it but don't care as much as I do about losing the 360 camera and the wireless charger...

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmv55
Watch the video of the black one above that Jassy06 posted.
No light across the dashboard in any of the shots.
It looks like it’s on the door cards though as you can see the green shining from under the trims.

Managed to get a short test drive in launch edition - it had the carbon effect across the dash and the ambient lighting was def only in the door cards.

Reactions: johnmv55, 8YARWY and Daggerit
Does the S3 vorsprung have the carbon trim or is that the aluminium looking trim.

Looks like the aluminium trip from the configurator. But we all know how accurate that is...
ah so if the carbon trim is exclusive to the RS3 this could be another anomaly that has been unearthed after all.

ah so if the carbon trim is exclusive to the RS3 this could be another anomaly that has been unearthed after all.
Potentially! I take the configurator with a pinch of salt generally, but it seems to have been updated recently so should be relatively accurate.

Yeah, but do you think he'd really know real from fake carbon just by looking at it? Hahaha.

Edit: Just watched it as closely as I could and it does look a little too perfect for real carbon fibre. There's almost always some very slight imperfections that can catch your eye but this doesn't seem to have any, but that could be because it's matte rather than gloss and doesn't show it as much? Don't know. Basically I'd like it but don't care as much as I do about losing the 360 camera and the wireless charger...

Silver lining in that if the Vorsprung loses any more options it’ll be at Carbon price level

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Mr Freeze, 3vans and 2 others
Silver lining in that if the Vorsprung loses any more options it’ll be at Carbon price level

I'm just waiting for the carbon to lose the carbon trim bits :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv, Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
I'm just waiting for the carbon to lose the carbon trim bits :tearsofjoy:
Don't joke! Lol.

My only glimmer of hope is that I think my order is still status 0, having ordered mid-September. I have everything crossed that they pull back in some of the lost features for a late production run next year, but in reality I'm sure I'm actually just being delusional. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Don't joke! Lol.

My only glimmer of hope is that I think my order is still status 0, having ordered mid-September. I have everything crossed that they pull back in some of the lost features for a late production run next year, but in reality I'm sure I'm actually just being delusional. Haha.
Status 0, what does that mean? no build week yet?

Status 0, what does that mean? no build week yet?
Means that the factory hasn't even accepted my order yet I believe.

Edit:
Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

Reactions: johnmv55
Don't joke! Lol.

or ........ they might make your car early and have it sat on stock waiting delivery in September and then all the options become available to order like interior design pack just before you take delivery :blink: ;)

or ........ they might make your car early and have it sat on stock waiting delivery in September and then all the options become available to order like interior design pack just before you take delivery :blink: ;)
Hahaha, the thought definitely did cross my mind. I know as soon as mine is built the interior design pack will become available, it's just the way it always happens.

I doubt if I don't even have an accepted order or build week yet that I'll even be getting the car for the start of September though if I'm being realistic.

I remember reading something about not getting the ambient lighting strip in the dash because of the carbon trim, but still get it in the doors etc. - can't remember where I read it though, I'm sure it'll come to me at some point...
QQ2 just means its the RGB LED ambient lighting, QQ1 is white LEDs, IIRC.

Hahaha, the thought definitely did cross my mind. I know as soon as mine is built the interior design pack will become available, it's just the way it always happens.

I doubt if I don't even have an accepted order or build week yet that I'll even be getting the car for the start of September though if I'm being realistic.

I'd say there is more chance of you getting a fully specced car and other options becoming available once we get into next year.
Better than the no mans land it feels like we are in atm.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
I'd say there is more chance of you getting a fully specced car and other options becoming available once we get into next year.
I hope so, but won't be very nice for those taking delivery of some of the reduced spec Vorsprungs if the options suddenly reappear.

Imagine when it comes to selling/buying used ones in a few years?! It's going to be a total minefield to get the options you want I imagine. No thanks!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Had the Oldham dealer salesman email me again yesterday, informing me of the 360 camera deletion and that Lead times are slowly creeping back......

going to wait until next year now, see what it brings.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Had the Oldham dealer salesman email me again yesterday, informing me of the 360 camera deletion and that Lead times are slowly creeping back......

going to wait until next year now, see what it brings.

when you say creeping back do you mean slipping back further or improving ?
could read it two ways ;)

Reactions: Jcbmally
I hope so, but won't be very nice for those taking delivery of some of the reduced spec Vorsprungs if the options suddenly reappear.

Imagine when it comes to selling/buying used ones in a few years?! It's going to be a total minefield to get the options you want I imagine. No thanks!

that's why I'm fairly content with the carbon edition as (so far) it doesn't look like it will lose any of its spec (other than the centre dash light strip perhaps).
As long as I get my flat bottom steering wheel and matt black alloys I'll be happy ;)

Reactions: pburv and Daggerit
Status
Not open for further replies.