Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the LE may have had phone box lite dropped… I couldn’t get that confirmed on my car but was wondering if you knew now yours is actually built?
ahh, no buddy no news so far. I did ask for the spec sheet on the 12th however didn't get it sent over to me.... may chase that up!

Reactions: Keano04
@Mr Freeze I’ve got an angle on paying for exclusive paint, but you might not agree.
So… on basis that you would get one of the colours for £575…then going exclusive is only £1825…bargain.

Ok maybe not, that’s how I look at it anyway, but some muppet at dealership would probably wash it with the grit filled bucket/sponge combo as d then the dealership shrug their shoulders and go looks ok to us. They really have no concept treating paintwork with any care.
I was Uber paranoid when my car had to go into the dealership for a service but Hamilton Audi did take Heed of what l said...l find getting new tyres fitted to be more stressful than some inflicted swirls

Reactions: Jcbmally, AndyVWR and NevMan
@Mr Freeze I’ve got an angle on paying for exclusive paint, but you might not agree.
So… on basis that you would get one of the colours for £575…then going exclusive is only £1825…bargain.

Ok maybe not, that’s how I look at it anyway, but some muppet at dealership would probably wash it with the grit filled bucket/sponge combo as d then the dealership shrug their shoulders and go looks ok to us. They really have no concept treating paintwork with any care.
Yes I have also thought of it like this :laughing:

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
Fair enough, I’m just comparing it to mine that’s sitting at £540 a month for a Vorsprung with the dynamic pack and a £5.5k deposit.

You say they’re not the cheapest, but compared to some other cars they’re really not bad. Been looking at the ŠKODA/VW/Audi electric offerings and they can easily be as much as the RS a month with a similar deposit and I know which one I’d prefer to have sitting on the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could imagine your balloon payment is a big one :grimacing:

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Daggerit
I could imagine your balloon payment is a big one :grimacing:

I did get the number slightly wrong, it’s more like 600 a month as I said before. Think the balloon is £32k?

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I did get the number slightly wrong, it’s more like 600 a month as I said before. Think the balloon is £32k?

Hence my comment about RS for under £500 rare

Reactions: Daggerit
Fair enough, I’m just comparing it to mine that’s sitting at £540 a month for a Vorsprung with the dynamic pack and a £5.5k deposit.

You say they’re not the cheapest, but compared to some other cars they’re really not bad. Been looking at the ŠKODA/VW/Audi electric offerings and they can easily be as much as the RS a month with a similar deposit and I know which one I’d prefer to have sitting on the drive.

I did mean Select Car Leasing not the cheapest

Reactions: Daggerit
I'm £580 (roughly) per month for the Carbon Saloon with C+S pack. £8k down and that's a decent deal in itself.
Was that offered from Audi? That’s less and month with less deposit I was offered

Reactions: NevMan
Was that offered from Audi? That’s less and month with less deposit I was offered
Yes. Third new car from the same sales exec and dealership since 2017. Think he got over the fingers for it lol.

Reactions: Stu-27
Hence my comment about RS for under £500 rare

I gotcha now! Yeah it’s a good way of getting into an RS. If the cars ever actually arrive for people!

Reactions: NevMan
Amazing how times change and only about 4% of people actually buy their cars now,

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Got factory confirmation of my order today ...for all that it's worth....lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, Adam28 and 6 others
Look forward to seeing a confirmed build date. I'm through a broker so I'll probably hear about the Vorsprung cars starting build on here before I actually get a message from them to be honest.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Amazing how times change and only about 4% of people actually buy their cars now,
I have owned every car outright I have had before or at the end of the deal . PCP is a clever way of getting people into cars they can't really afford imho .

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, 3vans and 2 others
Look forward to seeing a confirmed build date. I'm through a broker so I'll probably hear about the Vorsprung cars starting build on here before I actually get a message from them to be honest.
What broker have you gone with if you don't mind me asking

Same

I experienced excitement and disappointment in one email

Your order is our priority
Your order has been received but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be reassured we’re doing everything we can to complete your order as quickly as possible.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Audi Centre will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.”

Reactions: Adam28, NevMan and Jassyo06
Has anyone got any other photos of the RS3 in Turbo blue other than this one? Only one I can find...

Attachments

• Screenshot_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_Instagram.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Same

I experienced excitement and disappointment in one email

Your order is our priority
Your order has been received but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be reassured we’re doing everything we can to complete your order as quickly as possible.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Audi Centre will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.”

Exactly A generic Covid related semiconductor shortage excuse....as I've said before l don't want to drive my new car as soon as l get it on the roads in the winter They gritted the roads last night up here so an early summer delivery will do me fine

Reactions: Jcbmally, UncleRick and NevMan
Has anyone got any other photos of the RS3 in Turbo blue other than this one? Only one I can find...
Not seen any at all, been scouring the Web for ages looking for them too. Not too convinced by that image as it's overexposed, every confidence the real thing will look awesome when it arrives.

Reactions: mb127
Not seen any at all, been scouring the Web for ages looking for them too. Not too convinced by that image as it's overexposed, every confidence the real thing will look awesome when it arrives.
I thought the same, like its got a funny edit. Any turbo blue Audi I've seen looks darker than that to me. I just want to see one in blue because I've put in an order for a sportback in Riviera (a colour I've always loved and I think a bit brighter than Turbo) and would be nice to get an idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
[/QUOTE]
That’s nothing like turbo blue it’s a lot darker. Here is a picture of my SQ5

Attachments

• 54DF35C3-9A84-4A38-9E16-192F2C3857AC.jpeg
    54DF35C3-9A84-4A38-9E16-192F2C3857AC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and NevMan

That’s nothing like turbo blue it’s a lot darker. Here is a picture of my SQ5[/QUOTE]

Lovely SQ5 mate

Reactions: Jcbmally and LuckyLee

That does look more Rivera blue than turbo

Reactions: LuckyLee, mb127 and Jassyo06
for everyones viewing pleasure

Reactions: Jcbmally, Rs31981, NevMan and 1 other person

That's not how Turbo Blue looks like in direct sunlight mate....l would actually go as far as saying that is not Turbo Blue

Reactions: NevMan, LuckyLee and mb127
when did you place an order ? I received mine a day or two later when I placed the order how strange!

I think the salesman placed the order a week ago today....and thats me just been notified by the factory today @Adam28

Reactions: NevMan and Adam28

Well done for managing to get an update… Audi keep telling me their system is down so won’t give out any update as it would be inaccurate whilst my dealer may have vanished off the face of the earth as not heard anything from them for a couple of weeks… presumably since there is no update.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Adam28
I think the salesman placed the order a week ago today....and thats me just been notified by the factory today @Adam28
oh ok , lets hope they arrive in March so we can get them on the new 22 plate!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Well done for managing to get an update… Audi keep telling me their system is down so won’t give out any update as it would be inaccurate whilst my dealer may have vanished off the face of the earth as not heard anything from them for a couple of weeks… presumably since there is no update.
I'm always calling mine up every other day for a update think his fed up of me

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

[/QUOTE]
Cracking Q5 that guff colour though lol

Reactions: K96 and NevMan

[/QUOTE]

That does look lovely. There was a turbo blue Q3 in the car park when I went to the dealer but didn't get a chance to see it in the sunlight - it was dirty and a horrible day which didn't help haha

Reactions: NevMan, LuckyLee and Jassyo06
I thought the same, like its got a funny edit. Any turbo blue Audi I've seen looks darker than that to me. I just want to see one in blue because I've put in an order for a sportback in Riviera (a colour I've always loved and I think a bit brighter than Turbo) and would be nice to get an idea.

Riviera really suits the sportback it's a less serious design than the saloon hence it gets away with bright colours easier....you do know you could have more of a wait for an exclusive over a standard paint option

Reactions: NevMan, LuckyLee and mb127

That does look lovely. There was a turbo blue Q3 in the car park when I went to the dealer but didn't get a chance to see it in the sunlight - it was dirty and a horrible day which didn't help haha
[/QUOTE]
My son had a 2019 M4 in Riviera it looked the nuts in this colour

Reactions: NevMan and mb127
Status
Not open for further replies.