Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be selling regardless until the Dealer has my new car, so it what it is - I can see 2nd hand values collapsing.
Christmas may impact on them but unusual times atm with cars in such short supply, that may keep the values unseasonally high.

The wife’s car needs to be changed so a decent drop in used prices would suit me given I sold my car a few months back so cashed in nicely.

Only got her car at the moment and it’s worth pennies so been patiently waiting for prices to settle to get an estate - fingers crossed the wait is almost at an end (I hate her car lol).

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
This seems unlikely to me.

The cars normally get delivered with a fair few miles on them as they do additional tests on these models. Can't remember exactly but I think my current car had 45 miles on it upon delivery.

I may be wrong but I assume missing ECU's would make a car unusable therefore untested. Can't imagine them testing at the port.

As I say I could be wrong.

Is that an Audi or RS product thing?

My previous (non Audi) cars have had no more than 10 miles on them at collection.

Carwow are filming the new RS3 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How have they managed to get hold of a car?

Was hoping to have mine before the youtubers

Wonder what spec it will be, given the launch edition cars are delayed? Perhaps a special early pre launch edition press car(s)?

Think I saw somewhere there’s a press halt on info until the 26th Oct so presume their video won’t go live for a while yet…

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan

Wonder what spec it will be, given the launch edition cars are delayed? Perhaps a special early pre launch edition press car(s)?

Think I saw somewhere there’s a press halt on info until the 26th Oct so presume their video won’t go live for a while yet…
Correct.

Media Embargo is lifted on the 26th so no videos until then.. they sometimes lift it a few hours/day early.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Keano04
Is that an Audi or RS product thing?

My previous (non Audi) cars have had no more than 10 miles on them at collection.

Think it’s an RS thing. I got a new S3 8V which had few miles. All RS cars come with more as far as I know.

Cars have been built as clearly auditography and co are in Greece driving SB’s and saloons

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Daggerit
My rs3 dropped by £2000 in a week cazoo and autotrader seem to be holding steady
My TTS price varied a lot between buyer sites but from experience l could have sold it for £1000 more if l had put it on Autotrader
Audi themselves have a lesser optioned used MY2021 320PS TTS VORSPRUNG for sale at £56,499
I got £50k....its a gamble hold off or sell ...l personally think used/nearly used cars have reached their peak....prices will go down soon not drastically....down all the same as does my son who been in the trade for the last 12 years

Reactions: Rhurs, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Anyone?

0772363d1ecfcfc9fe4f2e90021c819b.png

Reactions: Mr Freeze, HulkRS3 and Jcbmally
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
My TTS price varied a lot between buyer sites but from experience l could have sold it for £1000 more if l had put it on Autotrader
Audi themselves have a lesser optioned used MY2021 320PS TTS VORSPRUNG for sale at £56,499
I got £50k....its a gamble hold off or sell ...l personally think used/nearly used cars have reached their peak....prices will go down soon not drastically....down all the same as does my son who been in the trade for the last 12 years
Absolutely it really is a game of stick or twist I'm trying to source a winter runaround just now and I'll let mine go

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not looking all that great of a deal for a base model with no options surely?

Probably, but not often RS wild be under £500 p/m over 3 years without a massive wedge of deposit. But only a lease so never own, and that is the massive issue. Was a tongue in cheek post tbf, as they aren’t the cheapest anyway

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Surely not enough miles for RS owners. If I ever have the pleasure of one I’d want to drive it to bits :racer::icon thumright:

Bit some don’t put in much mileage at all, but I agree with you

Reactions: Jcbmally
Probably, but not often RS wild be under £500 p/m over 3 years without a massive wedge of deposit. But only a lease so never own, and that is the massive issue. Was a tongue in cheek post tbf, as they aren’t the cheapest anyway

Fair enough, I’m just comparing it to mine that’s sitting at £540 a month for a Vorsprung with the dynamic pack and a £5.5k deposit.

You say they’re not the cheapest, but compared to some other cars they’re really not bad. Been looking at the ŠKODA/VW/Audi electric offerings and they can easily be as much as the RS a month with a similar deposit and I know which one I’d prefer to have sitting on the drive.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Fair enough, I’m just comparing it to mine that’s sitting at £540 a month for a Vorsprung with the dynamic pack and a £5.5k deposit.

You say they’re not the cheapest, but compared to some other cars they’re really not bad. Been looking at the ŠKODA/VW/Audi electric offerings and they can easily be as much as the RS a month with a similar deposit and I know which one I’d prefer to have sitting on the drive.

That's a ****** good deal you got there. Was that through one of the sites offering like 12% discount?

Reactions: Daggerit
That's a ****** good deal you got there. Was that through one of the sites offering like 12% discount?

Good question… I think it’s something like £5k discount through a military/police broker, so quite lucky with it as it certainly helps.

Reactions: HulkRS3
Good question… I think it’s something like £5k discount through a military/police broker, so quite lucky with it as it certainly helps.

I'm £580 (roughly) per month for the Carbon Saloon with C+S pack. £8k down and that's a decent deal in itself.

I'm £580 (roughly) per month for the Carbon Saloon with C+S pack. £8k down and that's a decent deal in itself.

Definitely a decent deal there, I’d be happy with that.

Reactions: HulkRS3
It’s a little annoying/worrying we haven’t seen a single car with the carbon roof spoiler yet though… Is that not available anywhere but UK or what I wonder?

Indeed - another strange one is have only seen a picture of 1 black Sportback, and no black Saloons. Don't believe I've seen any Turbo Blue of either variant yet also.

Absolutely it really is a game of stick or twist I'm trying to source a winter runaround just now and I'll let mine go
Exactly what I've done....mate cost me a set of new teeth for Mrs though as my runaround is her car....no partnership without bribery would have been cheaper buying a runaround lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Daggerit and 1 other person
Indeed - another strange one is have only seen a picture of 1 black Sportback, and no black Saloons. Don't believe I've seen any Turbo Blue of either variant yet also.

Only think I can think of is that the black is a little ‘boring’ for an RS car and turbo blue isn’t S3/RS3 specific so for the LE and press cars they won’t have many in those colours.

If I had to guess, 90% of them will be green, yellow and red because there skittle colours for launch.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06

£5500 deposit and £540 @month **** me who was that with because your financing £54,500 that's a deal and a half

Reactions: Mr Freeze and garethdj
Only think I can think of is that the black is a little ‘boring’ for an RS car and turbo blue isn’t S3/RS3 specific so for the LE and press cars they won’t have many in those colours.

If I had to guess, 90% of them will be green, yellow and red because there skittle colours for launch.

Skittles colours pmsl....

Reactions: Jcbmally
I don't think I could bring myself to pay £2400 for paint :notme:

You're between a rock and a hard place lol :tearsofjoy:
@Mr Freeze I’ve got an angle on paying for exclusive paint, but you might not agree.
So… on basis that you would get one of the colours for £575…then going exclusive is only £1825…bargain.

Ok maybe not, that’s how I look at it anyway, but some muppet at dealership would probably wash it with the grit filled bucket/sponge combo as d then the dealership shrug their shoulders and go looks ok to us. They really have no concept treating paintwork with any care.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

He’d flown somewhere so guessing it’s an Audi press event of sorts.

My black LE saloon is one of 3 being built.

Your guess is looking spot on

£5500 deposit and £540 @month **** me who was that with because your financing £54,500 that's a deal and a half

It’s £53k financed at 5.5% and I completely lied, it ends up as £600. I should double check the figures before I make such crazy claims!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 4 others
I’d agree with the liberation point, financial weight lifted but it is a miss for sure!

We’re down to one car for the time being, walked out the house to pop to the shops to be met by an empty driveway yesterday!

I’m looking forward to see the art of the possible in terms of tuning. Guessing it will be relatively quick for apr, revo etc to come out with their solutions given the familiarity of the engine, once the ECU is unlocked. Assuming it is locked of course.

Took 2 years ish to unlock RS4 ecu, just saying ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
:(

Yeah, I had the B9 S4 and waited years for it to be unlocked. Sold it and then a month or two later all the tuning options started rolling out.

Reactions: NevMan and Terminator x
Cars have been built as clearly auditography and co are in Greece driving SB’s and saloons

Yeah I know there are cars that exist, but none in the uk that I had seen…?

I was expecting the LE to be the first cars in the uk but there must be even earlier cars coming over - as queried earlier, I wonder what their spec will be… LE spec? Special early release spec?

I guess we will find out on the 26th when carwow release their video eh

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
I'm paying roughly £470 per month over 4 years with a £10k depo for launch edition saloon... not too bad of a difference!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Daggerit
Status
Not open for further replies.