Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the sound of that the Rs3 suspension not being comfortable ? I hate crashy suspensions it is the reason I sold my Golf R years back within 4 months as it had 19's and no DCC what an expensive mistake that was .
I did EXACTLY the same with a Golf GTD, 19's no DCC and only 40mpg.....but, If I put the DCC tyre pressures in (from 35/35 to 42/38) it then did over 50 mpg but crashed around even worse, sold the POS, it was neither a decent diesel or a GTI

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I don't like the sound of that the Rs3 suspension not being comfortable ? I hate crashy suspensions it is the reason I sold my Golf R years back within 4 months as it had 19's and no DCC what an expensive mistake that was .
You want to see what spec some are ordering over on the Golf Forum, surely the Performance package and DCC go together like hand and glove? apparently not :)

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
I'am not taking colour advice from someone who bought a Turbo blue Audi :laughing:
Pictures can lie so I will hold judgment until I see it in person but from the pics it doesn't look too bad .
ideally I would have my next car in blue of some sort as its my favourite colour but not Turbo ;)
Better be prepared to fork out £2400 for another blue tone....
I aint gonna wait 12 months for a car in a different blue paint life is too short for such patients besides Turbo blue is easier to like when a 3rd of the car is covered in high gloss black like the RS3 is but then again l Ara didn't float ma boat either.....too Glasgow Rangers like lol

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR, NevMan and Mr Freeze

Didn’t fancy buying 18s?

Reactions: NevMan
I aint gonna wait 12 months for a car in a different blue paint life is too short for such patients besides Turbo blue is easier to like when a 3rd of the car is covered in high gloss black like the RS3 is but then again l Ara didn't float ma boat either.....too Glasgow Rangers like lol
I would consider going exclusive if the wait wasn't so long .
You don't like Ara blue that's surprised me I must say I think its up there with the best blues Audi have done over the years each to there own I guess .

Reactions: AndyVWR
You want to see what spec some are ordering over on the Golf Forum, surely the Performance package and DCC go together like hand and glove? apparently not :)
Really :grin:
My friend as just ordered a golf R and I made sure he specced the DCC told him he'd regret it if he didn't . There is some really good deals on Golf 8R's at the moment his car was just over 46k and got it discounted to £39735 which is a great deal imo .

His deal has made me consider getting another I won't lie .

Reactions: johnmv55
It crossed mind (when we still had the joy of choice through German configurator) that I could go white, with black trim and throw in red brake callipers and call it St Mirren Edition :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Don’t know why they didn’t offer Ultra Blue on RS3, it’s available on RS6 and I thought it would definitely appear, obviously too many pots of Turbo blue on the shelf and need to use that up first...oh well maybe shade change is down for facelift

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
My friend as just ordered a golf R and I made sure he specced the DCC told him he'd regret it if he didn't . There is some really good deals on Golf 8R's at the moment his car was just over 46k and got it discounted to £39735 which is a great deal imo .

Yes, the Golf with available options and discounts do look very tempting.... but every time I think Golf is the one to go for, I check Golf forums and read about another gremlin attack with software ruining car and change my mind.
I appreciate there is a A3/S3 problem thread too but it seems with touchscreen doing everything that the Golf is more susceptible to issues. Happy for someone to tell me otherwise. Is it just as much a leap of faith on the A3 front as the golf?

No I didn't like the 18'' Cadiz wheels the 19'' Pretoria wheels looked way better imo but needed the DCC .

Not oem wheels!!

Prets do look really very good for an oem wheel.

Decent set of lightweight 18s with proper tyres and you would have transformed the car. As a hot hatch the suspension was very well judged.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
You always seem very defensive on here, everything ok mate?
Look! Someone else that knows him :glee: take no notice of the resident ********. I'm sure you're well aware of how long it can take to reach the UK and what the best case scenario is also. :)

Reactions: Alexlfc17
Look! Someone else that knows him :glee: take no notice of the resident ********. I'm sure you're well aware of how long it can take to reach the UK and what the best case scenario is also. :)
Of course matey, just a little excited that’s all haha. We can all be hopeful of a swift delivery!

Reactions: HulkRS3

14% with Drive the Deal :)

You are my number one Troll KID A prime example of" You don't require intelligence to buy a fast and expensive Audi .one of negatives of the PCP ....now refrain from bad mouthing me please!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: HulkRS3
You are my number one Troll KID A prime example of" You don't require intelligence to buy a fast and expensive Audi .one of negatives of the PCP ....now refrain from bad mouthing me please!!!!!
you are a troll, a prime example that post count doesn't equal intelligence. One of the negatives of a user forum is that there is always one that takes offence of others opinions like theirs is the only one that matters. move along now.

Reactions: 3vans and HulkRS3
you are a troll, a prime example that post count doesn't equal intelligence. One of the negatives of a user forum is that there is always one that takes offence of others opinions like theirs is the only one that matters. move along now.
You've already got into trouble with the powers above keep it up ....

The other 'good' thing about VW is they tell you at the time of ordering (probably roughly) when you are likely to receive your car, I enquired the other day as I am not 100% convinced on RS3 (My demo drive will convince me one way or the other) but at the moment VW are saying 40+ weeks, he said he had never seen the '+' before and whereas thats a long way away it's better than Audi's 'tell em FA' approach

Those of you who have had a previous factory order audi, what was the rough time from it leaving the factory to taking delivery? 4-6 weeks or so?

Reactions: Daggerit
You've already got into trouble with the powers above keep it up ....
Lmao

Thanks for 100% proving my very point... you can call someone a troll (you've practically done this on the whole 8Y sub forum yourself) then go crying to mommy again when it's reciprocated. LOL

Mommy mommy boohoo someone said exactly what I did and I don't like it waaaahhahahaa come hold my hand. You're a joke. Pathetic even.

Reactions: abmat, 3vans, HulkRS3 and 1 other person
Those of you who have had a previous factory order audi, what was the rough time from it leaving the factory to taking delivery? 4-6 weeks or so?
In my experience it completely depends on how it lands in respect to transport ship departures. If you just miss one then it can take a good 4 weeks, but if you catch it well then it can be a week or less. I have no idea how much Brexit will delay it once it lands in Blighty though.

In my experience it completely depends on how it lands in respect to transport ship departures. If you just miss one then it can take a good 4 weeks, but if you catch it well then it can be a week or less. I have no idea how much Brexit will delay it once it lands in Blighty though.

Is that to collection? Ie including inspection and registration etc… or just delivery to dealer?

I’m the past (non-Audi) I’ve experienced around 4 weeks, with 2 for shipping to dealership and then 2 for them to register prep. I am fully assuming brexit will add at least a week or so to that… although that’s based on nothing!!

Lmfao, if that was some inadvertent way of trying to insult me you couldn’t be further from the truth. You have no idea what I do in my line of work or how intelligent I am. If you want to go down the line of intelligence though, your grammar and punctuation is absolutely appalling.. as is your attitude.

• Haha
Reactions: abmat and Add_Profile
My first S3 was 3-4 weeks from leaving factory to being at my door. Second one was about 2 weeks which was really quick. But yeah it can take a bit longer but once again they quote the worst case to cover themselves.
Seen a video of some cars arriving at dealerships on Fb earlier in Europe,

Is that to collection? Ie including inspection and registration etc… or just delivery to dealer?

I’m the past (non-Audi) I’ve experienced around 4 weeks, with 2 for shipping to dealership and then 2 for them to register prep. I am fully assuming brexit will add at least a week or so to that… although that’s based on nothing!!
That was just to get to the dealership, then the PDI is generally up to a week I've had in the past. If you have an RS car and shout loud enough you might be able to get it moved to the front of the queue if you're lucky though. :)

Reactions: NevMan, Keano04 and Alexlfc17
My first S3 was 3-4 weeks from leaving factory to being at my door. Second one was about 2 weeks which was really quick. But yeah it can take a bit longer but once again they quote the worst case to cover themselves.
Seen a video of some cars arriving at dealerships on Fb earlier in Europe,
class mate thanks!

That was just to get to the dealership, then the PDI is generally up to a week I've had in the past. If you have an RS car and shout loud enough you might be able to get it moved to the front of the queue if you're lucky though. :)

Many thanks

Reactions: Daggerit
The other 'good' thing about VW is they tell you at the time of ordering (probably roughly) when you are likely to receive your car, I enquired the other day as I am not 100% convinced on RS3 (My demo drive will convince me one way or the other) but at the moment VW are saying 40+ weeks, he said he had never seen the '+' before and whereas thats a long way away it's better than Audi's 'tell em FA' approach
40+ weeks I didn't realise they were going to take that long :grimacing:

Had this ’Update’ on my order today

Ordered 11th August!
The Vorsprung should show the build date on the 25th of October so I am told! I ordered mine in the first week of August and nothing yet!

Reactions: 3vans, Adam28 and NevMan
Not oem wheels!!

Prets do look really very good for an oem wheel.

Decent set of lightweight 18s with proper tyres and you would have transformed the car. As a hot hatch the suspension was very well judged.
I didn't want the hassle of changing the wheels etc as it was only a few months old lesson learnt tho .

Reactions: Keano04 and NevMan
40+ weeks I didn't realise they were going to take that long :grimacing:

Yep. Was looking at a Clubsport before ordering the JCW, was quoted 35+ weeks and that was back in June

• Wow
I'm Week 45 on a club sport, still no confirmation on finalised build, fortunately I took on somebody else's order so I haven't been waiting that length of time.

The Vorsprung should show the build date on the 25th of October so I am told! I ordered mine in the first week of August and nothing yet!

mate I have heard something completely different was told vorsprungs are 9/12 months as they have many semi conductor chips going in them due to spec , a dealer told me he ordered a carbon black for a customer and was given a build week for next year Jan! seems like no one cares about us vorsprung folk :(

mate I have heard something completely different was told vorsprungs are 9/12 months as they have many semi conductor chips going in them due to spec , a dealer told me he ordered a carbon black for a customer and was given a build week for next year Jan! seems like no one cares about us vorsprung folk :(
I find that a little counter intuitive, surely they would prioritise those spending the most money and creating the greatest profit? So it must just be that they basically don't have any chips at all, rather than choosing to put them in the Carbon editions instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.