Tracker's anyone?

S3quatt

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've been looking into some options for fitting trackers, & have come up with one & it tested out well. Accurate to my exact location when tested.

The type in question can be DIY fitted, no subscription charge (only requires a PAYG SIM), & you can receive alerts & track both online or with an app. You can also remotely de-activate the car too.
If anyone is interested, I plan on doing a bit more research as to where to fit, wire in & hide the units if anyone is interested? I'd be looking at around £55 per unit as a group buy & 10 or more to make it worthwhile...

I keep looking for a tracker. Ive only found the streetwise one (£50 ish) and some on flebay but it seems a lottery from there.

Can you post a link to the one your on about? I have seen one that cuts the car off but also sounds the horn from a text and other stupid things (not needed)

Trackers? Not for me

Do you really want your pride & joy back after some scum bag has ragged it from elbow to a-hole

I have seen first hand how these 'people' drive a stolen car like & its not pretty I can tell you. Vehicle sympathy? I don't think so ...

A tracker won't actually stop your car being stolen. It will just enable you to find it

I've gone for the, don't spec advanced key, visual deterrent of a Disklok and have a decent GAP policy in place route.
Lets face it if the scum bags wnat it they will steal it come what may

I defo do not want my car back if its stolen TBH

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

Reactions: the_cueball
But a disk lock looks so ugly and where do you put it when driving? Do you just lay it on the rear seats?

But a disk lock looks so ugly and where do you put it when driving? Do you just lay it on the rear seats?
@Eigdoog - Must admit the Disklok is ugly, but it does do its job as a visual/physical deterrent
I have mine in the Disklok cover which velcro's to the boot floor

Trackers? Not for me

Do you really want your pride & joy back after some scum bag has ragged it from elbow to a-hole

I have seen first hand how these 'people' drive a stolen car like & its not pretty I can tell you. Vehicle sympathy? I don't think so ...

A tracker won't actually stop your car being stolen. It will just enable you to find it

I defo do not want my car back if its stolen TBH

As always, just my opinion of course ... :hi:

+1 for me too...

I would rather they rag it, have a good time, maybe rob a bank or 2, have a 160mph race and outrun the cops then burn the thing...

no way I would want a stolen car back... it's like taking a wife back after she's went out hoorin with half a rugby team... why would you want that wrecked ***** back?!?!?

Reactions: S3quatt and Bristle Hound
If you are going to get a tracker then you are best getting one with VHF (very high frequency) technology as if it is just a gps tracker then if the scumbags put your car in a underground garage or container then your out of luck as the gps signal will not work. One of the better systems out there is called tracker. It not cheap as their cheapest package is around £250 with a 12 month subscription of £120, however they have nationwide support with the police, tracking coverage through out Europe. They do offer more expensive packages and if your thinking of getting a tracker then it might be worth paying the extra to get a really good system installed. after all whats a few hundred pound when your car is worth possibly £10k to £20k

My brother is a taxi driver and his company use tracker and it is top quality & Thatcham approved.

http://www.trackerdirect.co.uk

Don't get me wrong, I'm the same as most, I wouldn't want it back if it was nicked, & TBH I'd go with the 160mph into a tree preference any day of the week.
In the case of what the scumbags have been doing around aberdeen IE. stealing, ragging, baiting police & hiding the car in between times, it would be nice to get a few lads together & wait for them to come back.
I'm sure if you wanted to be really cruel, the ignition relay could also be rigged to the throttle instead of cutting the fuel pump ;) Not that I would suggest that kind of thing...
The units I was looking at also use GPRS, so as long as it has a phone signal, it will still track by the way & my whole point of these units is you don't need to pay a sub, & can access & track yourself without any outside interference.

I am using nine GPS tracking Device for my mitsubishi l200 cars. They are working fine. My friend Arthur using back2you devices. There are hundreds of devices out there. Some other like tomtom, brickhousesecurity, gotrack etc.. Pick anyone that suits your budget and don't forget the brand value.

I use gtrak based in Darlington, Ash is fantastic and even hand delivered and installed my tracker for me.