Tracker Subscription Renewal

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I know, not all of you want your cars back if stolen. I do!

Anyway my Tracker subscription is due for renewal, and the price has jumped to £225 for a year, or £599 for three years :blink:

Anyone renewed theirs and managed to negotiate a discount?

I’m in two minds now about whether to change to a new solution......

John.

Is that for the tracker locate?
I'm currently on a 2 year deal and will need to renew next May/June. At that price though it will be hard to swallow and I'd be interested to see how you get on.
If someone takes mine, I want it back no question. Mainly because it's mine and I love it but also they can't just be allowed to get away with it.
I let my previous cars tracker lapse, however it still tracked 2 years on!

Reactions: RAF_S7
It’s the Cat 5.

When I took the initial subscription out it was 499 for 3 years.... and there was no discount on the insurance premium (LV)

20% increase seems high, especially given the explosion in other options now on the market.

Reactions: -Ju-
Unfortunately I think the Tracker brand is still the best out there with their varied tracking options and integration with the police forces.
The locate is £189, I think it was £180 for the year last time I renewed which was a good few years ago now so only a modest increase tbf.
They have you over a barrel though as the product is already installed and working.....are you really going to change?
No discount for me either with LV but I like the fact i can see where my car is at any time

So, just had an email from Tracker, outlining the new Thatcham Standards that they will be applying from next month.

They are removing the remote engine disable feature from the CAT 5 product, (and downgrading existing installations) which was one of the reasons l purchased in the first place.

So, what’s the recommendations if I want a tracking solution with remote disable feature?

[Update]

Just received another follow up email from Tracker, apologising for sending out the wrong information for Cat5 customers!

Seems the remote disable feature will only apply to new Tracker S5 installations, existing Cat5+ customers will continue to receive the remote engine disable feature. :busted cop:

Why would they remove a feature like that?

Surely if it’s stolen, you’d want to be able to locate it and disable the car ASAP?!