trackday coilover recommends? BC KW??

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi guys

im after some coilovers for my track s3

any recommends?

after chatting to prawn ive decided to look at BC but would like anyones input if they have them

i know kw are awesome bit the v3 are at 1300 and i cant do that at this point so would be looking at v1 maybe v2

i want to stay under 800 if i can but as i say any recommends are welcome

height and rebound adjustable as a minimum

thanks all, daz

OK.

Harsh reality time.

Nobody on here has actually tracked their S3 properly Daz, so whilst any advice given is I'm sure with the best of intentions, I'd say it's unlikely to clarfiy much for you.

You're in unchartered waters mate, time to be bold. Find as many reviews for other cars and similar cars as you possibly can, forget websites and e-mails, get on the blower and speak to a few companies and explain what you're looking for.

I like BC in that they give a separate platform for ride height adjustment without altering shock travel, and they seem to be one of the only 'mainstream' companies offering their coilovers in a variety of different spring rates for each application. They may not be KW £1300 quality, but from what I've heard they're not too bad at all and will be worlds apart from what you're running now. Nige run BC on the golf, so it may be worth firing him a PM on Northloop also.

Oh, and lastly, you're in Lanzarote, go and enjoy your holiday and stop browsing Audi-Sport :laugh:

Reactions: Alex C, snowy and <tuffty/>
BC look decent, friend has them on his s14.

If you want proper advise get on vwvortex there's really in depth discussion about chassis mods, setup and coilovers/spring rates etc

Have you worked out what spring rates you want?
Most off the shelf one are quite soft making them better on public roads which arent always very flat of smooth

nope
ive no idea how to do this lol

im thinking ill get these

so how do i work out spring rates etc

I like BC in that they give a separate platform for ride height adjustment without altering shock travel, and they seem to be one of the only 'mainstream' companies offering their coilovers in a variety of different spring rates for each application.

nope
ive no idea how to do this lol

im thinking ill get these

so how do i work out spring rates etc

You read my ****** posts :laugh:

They make options. For good reason.

Get on the phone, discuss your needs with them, and see which way they suggest.

Of the options, I'd suggest you'll want harder than the softest offering, and softer than the hardest offering! I know that sounds like a daft statement, but there are about 5 options, and I'd discount the extremes at each end.

Reactions: snowy
Call meister r too, he can make whatever you want valving and spring rates you want

Reactions: kwistof
What's the rest of your suspension setup like ?

ok
fk ak coilovers
r32 rear arb
silver project camber plates

think thats it tbh

im going to start playing with arb's too

was told to get bigger rear than i have

I have V2's at my A3 2.0 tfsi quattro, they feels little bit soft for me, i regret that i didnt go for V3's at first time

this is what im trying to avoid to be honest
i dont want to keep changing bits and find they arent good enough :(

Have you looked at caster correcting bushes ?

I known you've got the camber plates, but imho you'd like the better wishbone geometry

The other idea I'd ponder would be getting more power to the rear axle before changing ARB's

Changes the dynamics, you don't want a stiff skately rear end

Last edited:
well tbh im going to do the coilovers first and see how i get on.

the springs in mine were so soft.

also prawn checked my camber plates out at curby and they had negative castor so he fixed it but sadly i never got another lap.
front end defo feels more confident now.
we will see