Track Day (Oulton Park) in 3.2 v6

foxterrier

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Advice really. As title, doing track day in October.
Thinking about what prep I could do in my car, bearing in mind it also gets used every day for work so nothing too drastic.
Possibilities so far :-

Improve handling - poss Koni FSD dampers and lowered springs (had this combination on last car - loved it)

or

Improve braking - Black Diamond Disc and Ferodo 2500 pads.

or roll out boat and do both.

Any suggestions?

i would certainly uprate the brakes, never a bad thing, although i dont know what standard are like on your car.

lowering and stiffening the chassis is good, you wont get to much body roll.

good tyres, road legal slicks maybe

fire extinguisher

Thanx for that - I hadn't even thought about a fire extinguisher.

Brakes are good in the 3.2 anyway. shell V power for a tank or 2 leading up to your day is worth 10 bhp on your car. Tyre pressures at 40psi if you are on 18's, check oil. Wouldn't worry about the rest. i expect you will back off before the suspension backs off :) I did a track day at Goodwood in my 3.2 and it was fine as it was.

check your tyre pressures after the first few laps or so when they're warmed up as you may need to let some air out. I did a track day at Le Mans Buggati at the end of May and couldn't believe the reading i was getting! It was a warm day mind you...

Consider a higher temp brake fluid, especially if its due a change anyway.

Consider a higher temp brake fluid, especially if its due a change anyway.

Motul RBF600 is what has been recommended to me for replacement and will be going in my other car whilst its off the road for the winter :)