1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track day at Fuji Speedway with AUDI Sport team Hitotsuyama.

Antthony Aug 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM

1. Antthony

Antthony New Member

Was invited by Audi sport to take part in an all Audi exhibition race at the Blancpain GT series meeting at Fuji Speedway the other week.

Where do I start?
    Well the day was 40 bloody degrees c and 80% humidity so I was worried about the engine temps and brakes.
    But, they were fine. I removed the front grills to allow a bees **** more air in and made some brake air guides last week.
    I also used OBD Link to monitor water temp and surprisingly it never went over 112 degrees c.

Admittedly I could have braked much later than I was but decided to err on the side of caution and wait until cooler months before trying to put some good times down, and grip was poor due to the ambient temp as well as an insane amount of **** on the track after 2 days of racing. But considering that I was lapping only a second slower than the A1 Cup race cars that were on semi slicks and whose driver's know the track like the back of their hand (was my first time on this track), I was satisfied with how I went :)

Also regarding the car, several of the new Audis including a TTRS were really feeling the heat and a couple of cars were in limp mode at the end, so the ol' 3.2 Mark 1 did itself proud I reckon.

Driver's briefing

[​IMG]

Ready for action
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This happened in practice :frown new:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was bloody hot!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scored a drive in a brand new R8 plus too :p Took my son for a fang.

[​IMG]

Check it out!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:05 AM
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. PanamaS3

PanamaS3 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 Black Edition S3 Saloon DSG

what a fantastic looking day! nice one