TQS factory xenons pointing too high

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
Hi folks, had a few cars flashing me and this morning a bloke got out of his car at a set of lights to tell me my lights here dazzling him, he also mentioned it looked as if they were bouncing as I was driving along?

as the title says its a 99 (T) TQS with factory fitted xenons, how do I go about checking and adjusting then?

When I turn them on try don't go up and down like other cars I have had with xenons, could this be a clue?

id assume its a broken axle sensor, youd need to look and see if the arms are still connected to the wishbones. If you scan the xenon module it should show up. for now i'd adjust them to a sensible height manually for now

Are the adjuster arms connected to both front wish bones? I'm sure I have seen one on the driver side rear.

passenger side front lower and passenger side rear lower. They should have plastic little arm connected to them, but they have a habit of snapping when the balljoint siezes on the one end of it

Ok thanks mate, I'll have a look. For now think I'll just manually adjust them. Isit the 2 white cross head screws of the far left/right of each headlight?

I had my timing belt done a week or so ago, front end off jobbie, do you think they have disturbed something when doing this? As I have not had a problem untill now.

maybe they set them back on too high on the bolts. The inside of the 2 screws does the height, the outer does the left/right

if they were "bouncing" its possible that the light unit inside has came loose from the adjustment motors

if it was a broken angle sensor, the "limp mode" is that it will set the lights to the lowest possible setting, and flag a code (had this on my old S4).

I haven't noticed them bouncing to be honest, xenons can give the illusion they are moving then coming towards/following you because of bumps on the road causing the beam to move.

i have manually adjusted them for now? Seem a lot better and had no one flashing me ect. Cheers folks!