tqs clutch inpectiuon/options

hold up.

S2 flywheel is no use.

The flywheel needs to come from a 4 cylinder car. Its fitted to most 4 cylinder engines used in Audi 80/100/Coupes etc. The 1Z is a 1.9TDI, but its also fitted to 1.6/1.8 and 2.0 petrols from a similar vintage.

I posted on the S2 forum because many folks on there happen to have the older model audis that come with the right flywheel.

ah right ok, got the wrong end of the stick, ok so audi 80 1.6,1.8 and 2.0 and the 1.9tdi has the correct flywheel and i want 6 bolt holes for starters,

im just following lol been a great help so far!

ok heres what ive found so far
Flywheel part number 02605269LX fits the following engine codes: ABK, AHL, 1Z, AHU, AFF, ADP, ACE, AAE, ADW, JW, AAD, PS, NP, 4B, SH, RN, JV, PP, NE, JN, DZ, SD, RU, PM, RNA, 3A, JK, RA, SB, 1Y, 6A. ABT, ABM, ABB, ADA,AAZ

so would a fly wheel from a abk engined audi a6 year 1996 to 1997 2.0 work?

just have!!!!

ok now im happy, thanks for the help.

so clutch plate, i think this is right but im not sure, if it is ill buy two!!!
AUDI A4,A6 ,PASSAT V6 CLUTCH DISC PLATE LUK 324021910 | eBay

or the one you linked

GENUINE AUDI A6 C6 3.2 2.8 V6 BDX AUK CCDA FWD 240MM CLUTCH PLATE 06E 141 031 AX | eBay

then as for the pressure plate, i thought i found one and put it in my ebay watched items but i must have not done so

so ata and agk lt van and also audi s2 pressure plate, any other engines or is that it

Reactions: boost-addict
yer again missed that, just been round and round searching a s2 clutch or a lt van clutch.

only ones i can find are the gsf one or the borg and beck one,

can you order just the presure plate from gsf, sure i read that some were.

then all i need is the thrust bearing. and seals

cheers, what was the price? and he has the rear crank seal

thought i may as well stick this info here

VW part numbers:-

Pressure Plate 035 141 118 X = Sachs 3082 919 001

Friction Plate 034 141 032 M = Sachs 1862 625 001

Last edited:
The proper 240mm cover hangs off the edge of the flywheel, so its not a 240mm one in the pic.

Thrust bearing i got from ebay fro about a tenner or so, genuine audi one.

Pressure plate was around £100 iirc. They're £115 from the dealer, so should be a bit less than this.

yep ordered the pressure plate but had to pay out for tyres, so im going to order the thrust/release bearing, and rear crank seal, next month unfortantly he dosnt have the gear box input seal, so ill get that from vw/audi

so good news and bad news,
good news is jason has ordered the pressure plate, bad news theres a 4-6 week lead time!!!

so any way recived the flywheel this morning, that was great only paid for it mid afternoon yesterday!!!

and as you know paid for the pressure plate

so heres some pics, and thinking is it worth chucking the pressure plate and disc back on, the pressure plate is in good nick, and the clutch has about 1/3 life left. might be worth at least the pressure plate bought with a new disc?

any way

so just waiting on finding out were i can get my flywheel sorted

Last edited:
cheers, cant believe theres a 4-6 week wait on the pressure plate, but that suits me coz im all paid out till next month.

should i stick the pressure plate back on ebay? or just throw it? didnt know if it was worth something to some one

any way. i did say this in a pm but aragorn and bradderz thanks ever so much for the help. always been great but you have helped me out more then before so appreciate that,

so any way called few companys, first one umed and ared about how a 10mm bolt hole wouldn't be deep enough, i explained how the bolt is only 10mm any way. (there or there abouts) and its been done before, then started asking if it was cast iorn or steel. i have no idea lol so
2nd comapny nearly had a heart attack when i explained what i wanted and pretty much asked why i was doing it, i explained and he understood but couldnt fathom why one would do such a thing lol

and then called modus engineering and explained the flywheel was from a audi 80, pressure plate from a vw van and i needed one to fit the other, i explained it had been done before and offered to send pics of said work i told them needed i needed 9 holes drilled, 6 of those blind tapped to accept a m8x16 bolt, and he knew exactly what i wanted and understood why and what to do
he sounded dead certain and experienced and said with the resurface would take hour to hour and half, they charge £50 an hour so should cost about £75 but i suppose budget for £100.
so if any one is following the same path, because some one has also ordered a pressure plate from jason then if your close to tunbridge wells then there the people to call. give me a pm and ill send over the details

so this thread will go dead for the next few weeks as theres no alot to update till i get my pressure plate, have finally ordered some 6k hids, and may also get some matt vinyal to cover my roof. not 100% there but were see.

any way till theres some action not much i can do!!!!

Last edited:
well still no movement. got an email back syaying it should be with jason tomorrow,
so hopefully i cant get that and get it to a machine shop.
but im struggling with ever more my clutch slip, the thrust bearing rattles and even finding it hard to select gears

Last edited:
well just got a email. and the pressure plate has arrived!!!!!
Photo 3

Id get it done at an engineers so its 100%, if you get it a tad out it may cause judder/balancing issues !!

Reactions: jbh
yer true, got it sent off to modus engineering in twells,
ok so for part numbers i want to confirm some part number

clutch release bearing
01e141165b

rear crank seal
028103171b

gear box seal
i have two hear, esc list both as input shaft seals for my car, 012311113b or 016311113b

not sure which one is the one i need

Last edited:
Going to order these last bits up. Can some one confirm or advise me on the part numbers for

Thrust/release bearing
Rear crank seal
Gearbox input seal

And if poosible
Flywheel to crank bolts
Clutch to flywheel bolts