TPS PRICE

leonwilliams

Reaction score
Hi phoned my local Tps for price slave cylinder and clutch was told I need to be trade ? A3 150 nav 2ltr with stop start

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep, been like that fews years for my local TPS. Must lose fair bit trade would thought.

Does it have to be OEM? There are some aftermarket parts that exceed OEM in spec and quality. I've never understood the snobbishness over OEM parts.

Does it have to be OEM? There are some aftermarket parts that exceed OEM in spec and quality. I've never understood the snobbishness over OEM parts.
I've managed to source luk parts inc slave cylinder for fraction of price going in Monday to get sorted

Reactions: Garrett 69
There are various reasons why people choose or stick with OEM parts, first you know it will fit first time, I've just received a water pump for my S2 which is listed by Valeo to fit my car but it don't fit. There is also warranty to consider for servicing parts if your car is still under warranty. I also get servicing parts cheaper from TPS than I have from say Euro or other motor factors. You also know the quality will be good with OEM branded parts and most of Audi parts come with a 2 year warranty.

I agree that Audi over change for All of their parts, and I would say that 70 of the parts that go to make up the car are outsourced to other companies. You can see this on the likes of Lemforder parts that grind off the Audi part number and logo on the aftermarket parts they sell, as there is no difference in the Arm they sell to Audi (That then Audi sell to you) V the part they sell direct to the customer, except Audi will add around 100%+ mark-up. However they are in the game to make money, and it up to the savvy customers to dig around for the good parts at far cheaper prices.

There are various reasons why people choose or stick with OEM parts, first you know it will fit first time, I've just received a water pump for my S2 which is listed by Valeo to fit my car but it don't fit. There is also warranty to consider for servicing parts if your car is still under warranty. I also get servicing parts cheaper from TPS than I have from say Euro or other motor factors. You also know the quality will be good with OEM branded parts and most of Audi parts come with a 2 year warranty.

I agree that Audi over change for All of their parts, and I would say that 70 of the parts that go to make up the car are outsourced to other companies. You can see this on the likes of Lemforder parts that grind off the Audi part number and logo on the aftermarket parts they sell, as there is no difference in the Arm they sell to Audi (That then Audi sell to you) V the part they sell direct to the customer, except Audi will add around 100%+ mark-up. However they are in the game to make money, and it up to the savvy customers to dig around for the good parts at far cheaper prices.
So true I was quoted £535 for parts clutch kit inc slave cylinder. Yet I managed source luk clutch kit and concentric slave cylinder for half the price and I checked a couple of times with the supplier regarding the quality

I prefer to go OEM but sometimes it‘s easy enough to work out who’s the manufacture for the OEM part.

I have been burnt with non OEM parts, a thermostat was fitted to my TT which failed after weeks. Managed to track down the manufacture and got a cheap one which the VAG logo ground off, all was then good. Only did this as TPS wouldn’t sell to me either.