TPMS vcds Question

aymensallam

Reaction score
I have a 1.4 122ps A3 and I've been trying forever to activate tpms. I followed the instructions on this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/enabling-tpms-for-a3-s3-8v-experimental.216661/, and was able to bring the Menu up on MMI and also store the values of the tires. But for some reason when I let pressure out and go for a drive noting shows up on the DIS. There are somethings missing from adaptations under the 5F module for example the Extension functions and I don't know whether that is the problem and why they're missing in the first place.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Don't you have to move to make TPMS actually recognise it is deflating?

As far as I know the TPMS does not monitor pressure, it monitors the rotation of the wheel and when that lowers by a percentage, then it gives a warning.

Don't you have to move to make TPMS actually recognise it is deflating?

As far as I know the TPMS does not monitor pressure, it monitors the rotation of the wheel and when that lowers by a percentage, then it gives a warning.
However the OP stated, when I let the pressure out then go for a drive. I guess that means the wheels are rotating? ;) Perhaps he isn't letting enough air out of the tyre..

Last edited:
However the OP stated, when I let the pressure out then go for a drive. I guess that means the wheels are rotating? ;) Perhaps he isn't letting enough air out of the tyre..
How much air should I be letting out? In terms of percentage or PSI?

I know when mine was deflating over the last couple of weeks, when I went to re-inflate it was around 26ish PSI down from 35 PSI