TPMS System - 2011 S3 Error?

NME

Hi,

Can anyone confirm what the feature actually looks like and how it works in this model and year on the DIS?

I can set the pressures in the DIS, but can't find any menu that lets me read the individual tyre pressures - which makes me think it is a "warning" only system.

Am I right? I could of sworn that a friend years ago showed me all 4 tyre pressures in his S3 (2007-ish), or maybe I have made it up!

I scanned the car with VCDS a while ago, and it said there was an error with the TPMS module, but as I understand it, the TPMS is a virtual module anyway, so wasn't sure if this was normal.

I had the car serviced today by Audi, and they scanned it with "ODIS" and it showed no error code, which prompted the service guy to say it is a warning only system whereby you can't check the tyre pressures on a menu.

If anyone has a TPMS system which works differently, please let me know!

shugiflex

I have TPMS on my MY11 A3 and it's a warning-only system. As far as I know the only way to see individual readings from the tyres is by directly accessing the TPMS module with VCDS. HTH.

Reactions: NME

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
There are no tyre pressures shown, its a circumference based system, no sensors are fitted on the 8P chassis, except maybe in the US.

veeeight

I am a very pretty girl
VCDS Map User
On a MY2011 its a warning only system - no pressures displayed. But it will tell you which tyre (eg: Rear Right) is defective.

NME

Fair enough guys, thanks for clearing that up. Don't know what I saw in my friends DIS all those years ago then, must have been too whacked out on Quaaludes!