Tpms antenne local

sloth711

Reaction score
Hello. Where is oem antenne local to tpms?

Thank you

Enviado do meu ELS-NX9 através do Tapatalk

i don't believe there is an antenna, it's all done from wheel speed sensors rather than actual pressure sensors inside the tyre.

Reactions: Sibmets
That’s correct, it’s passive TPMS... thee is no receiver as the rims don’t have pressure sensors . Pretty poor on a premium car I have to say ...

Reactions: Sibmets
TPMS calculates and monitors rolling radius.
Simple, effective solution that works negating the need for an unnecessarily complex alternative.
Rather than pretty poor it’s pretty smart befitting the Audi marque.

Safe motoring and safe distancing.
Dingah

Reactions: psychopomp1
Simple, effective solution that works negating the need for an unnecessarily complex alternative.

Dingah
I find it vasty inferior . So many false alarms on S4 and now after 600 miles in brand new S5, it starts also .. it can’t compensate for the ambient temperature drops and the changes that makes to air pressure , then factor in warming due to speed and ambient temp changes on road surface types and cooling due to rain / moisture , every month of S4 ownership I’d have a false alarm . Then the one time I had a slow puncture, I ignored it as it was like crying wolf ...

It’s why direct TPMS exists and why >40M direct time valves are made every year. Mandatory on most commercial trucks ww nowadays.
I had direct TPMS on my two last bmws ... you get a warning and just flip into the DIS to check is it severe or mild (with a readout of each tyre temp and pressure) so you can make a judgment on what to do.
With Audi, you play Russian roulette and after so many false negatives, ignore it .
it’s cutting corners . Very poor imho. It’s cheap .. costs nothing, the ABS sensor does the measurements so you get it for free .. hence it’s not as good as it was never designed for the job, is just a compromise .

Dingah
I find it vasty inferior . So many false alarms on S4 and now after 600 miles in brand new S5, it starts also .. it can’t compensate for the ambient temperature drops and the changes that makes to air pressure , then factor in warming due to speed and ambient temp changes on road surface types and cooling due to rain / moisture , every month of S4 ownership I’d have a false alarm . Then the one time I had a slow puncture, I ignored it as it was like crying wolf ...

It’s why direct TPMS exists and why >40M direct time valves are made every year. Mandatory on most commercial trucks ww nowadays.
I had direct TPMS on my two last bmws ... you get a warning and just flip into the DIS to check is it severe or mild (with a readout of each tyre temp and pressure) so you can make a judgment on what to do.
With Audi, you play Russian roulette and after so many false negatives, ignore it .
it’s cutting corners . Very poor imho. It’s cheap .. costs nothing, the ABS sensor does the measurements so you get it for free .. hence it’s not as good as it was never designed for the job, is just a compromise .

Not sure posted the reply 4 times.. I’m not shouting

I have not had a single false alarm on my RS4 or previous S4 but my BMW with the pressure sensing tyre valves is always giving false alarms.

No issues with TPMS my 2018 A4 and now on my 2020 A6. Never had any alarm go off :)