Towing with 3 door dsg a3

pistol pete

Reaction score
Hi all
I currently race an mr2 with big heavy trailer I use a shogun for towing

But now have to opportunity to get a 500kg kit car and a small trailer around the 380kg mark

I saw the towing weight is 1700kg on the a3

Does the dsg cope with it
Anyone experience with towing with a3 any issues?
Thanks

That'll be ideal for towing, DSG is no problem. Diesel engines have the torque and helps when you are towing. If it's a 1.6 petrol A3 then it will be a bit of a struggle but doable, really need a 2.0 if petrol.
Whatever you do don't buy an S3, they are not Type approved for towing. If poss buy a 4wheel trailer, they are so much more stable.
and what Kit have you bought?

Reactions: pistol pete
I have got my my indy with race tuned busy engine... yeah baby..
I'll be using my 3 door 2.0 140 tdi with intention of getting it mapped

As seen here

Attachments

• _DSC2611.jpg
    _DSC2611.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 10169390_797394690320991_7268187920058526838_n_zpsmhrvubzu.jpg
    10169390_797394690320991_7268187920058526838_n_zpsmhrvubzu.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
That'll be nice and quick on the track. Do you have any problems with noise limits? and where are you going, trackwise?

I have no idea on limits yet.. I'll probably have to redo exhaust but we do have a 105 limit. . I think it was last measured at 100

Tracks for this year sprints are Blyton, woodebridge, Anglesea oulton park and snetterton

You should have a go in yours.. look up javelin sprint days.. well worth it and not expensive and whole track to yourself

I have no idea on limits yet.. I'll probably have to redo exhaust but we do have a 105 limit. . I think it was last measured at 100

Tracks for this year sprints are Blyton, woodebridge, Anglesea oulton park and snetterton

You should have a go in yours.. look up javelin sprint days.. well worth it and not expensive and whole track to yourself

Done more more trackdays at Woodbridge than anyone else, not sprinting though, I'm too old and slow these days. Also been to Silverstone, Brands, Mallory, Snetterton, Bedford, Blyton, Castle Coombe.
One of our Westfield boys does the Javelin Sprint series, Ben was runner up in class last year.

Ha.. Ben is my best mate... I am getting the car from another friend he got his shouty red car from... I'm actually out in his this weekend
I'm also the one who got him into sprinting ;)

Small world

Why don't you join the WSCC forum, all 7 talk. Club is open to non Westfield owners and is MSA registered, Therefore access to all forms of Motorsport and MSA insurance.

Cool will do send me a link I have a lot learn .. I know mr2s inside out.. This is something new.. Scared but looking forward to it