Towing a caravan

buildersmerchantman

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone any experience of using an A4 2.0TDI Cabriolet as a caravan tow car. I am looking to buy a 4 berth van and would really like to keep my mid life crisis going by keeping my Audi.

I know that they can be fitted with a towing hook but are they a good proposition for towing?

Any suggestions?

Hi. Has anyone any experience of using an A4 2.0TDI Cabriolet as a caravan tow car. I am looking to buy a 4 berth van and would really like to keep my mid life crisis going by keeping my Audi.

I know that they can be fitted with a towing hook but are they a good proposition for towing?

Any suggestions?

I know this feeling well, bought my first cabby just over 2 years ago and my first caravan just over a year back. The cabs are that bit heavier so make pretty good towcars, I've got a 3.0tdi and it copes easily with a Hymer 545 which, fully loaded is getting up towards the 1800kgs the book says it can tow.

Just remembered I did experience a slight coolant loss after towing up a very long hill - The Lecht. Temp was OK and no sign of leaks, overcame it by turning the heater up full on long climbs. No other issues, it pulls like a train.

Last edited: