Towbar

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that we can’t fit a tow bar with a sline rear bumper?

Hi Matt ..I have an A4 B7 2.0 tdi SLINE and I have just fitted a towbar..you remove back bumper and you will see a metal bumper bar. Basically this metal bumper bar slides out From the box chassis (a few bolts inside boot either side ) and then your towbar replaces the bumper bar and slides into the same holes it came out From ..on the passenger side, I had to unhook the very back exhaust rubber to give a little space to place nuts on the bolts going through the towbar and chassis. Took me about hour or 2 ... the electrics is the fun part! Lol..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I’ll have a search about and see what I can find, I need it to be as invisible as possible, I keep searching pictures but can’t find anything of a B6 with rear sline bumpers and all the tow bars I find listed state not for sline. Still where there’s a will.....

Not sure if a B6 will be the same..just wish I took pics when doing it now .. once you get the bumper off it will all make sense. Be aware all the inner lining of the boot needs to be taken out too.. including boot slam panel ( 2 x 10mm nuts inside ) ...good luck

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattyboyc
We will dive in and see!! Thanks again.

Reactions: guyzza75