Tow bar on S-line???

Zaac

Reaction score
Got the B7 sline, it says on eBay when i search for towbars on adverts that i cannot put the tow bar onto the s-line model? i contacted a seller and he said because the rear bumper difuser/splitter etc would cause problems fitting...

IS there a tow bar for my car? i don't want the swan neck type as im using the tow bar for bike rack purposes to transport off road bikes....

sounds like total rubbish to be honest.
i have an 2006 sline and purchased a westfalia towbar with detach neck, fitted fine ,all hidden and just stick in the neck when needed.
went on a treat, forget ebay ,waste of time.

purchased it from P F Jones via the web, a word of caution though, P F Jones have several websites under different names and the prices vary a fair bit for the same product.
I think it was about £180 for the kit , but i went with the standard wiring kit if you want the dedicated loom it is a bit more money.

I'll have a look cheers bud... Thought it was a bit strange how the s-line kit would stop a towbar being fitted....

Think I'd probably call a local reputable tow bar installer and explain what you want, see what they can suggest. I'm sure they have probably been asked for similar before. I'm sure, IIRC, Witter do both a fixed and detachable swan neck with a flange mount on the end......?

Can't say for sure, but I'd imagine there's a cut required on the S line lower panel. Prob not aesthetically ideal tho...... See what the guys who do this day in day out suggest

yep, there is a cut required and i think you have to will nearly all kits.
I fitted it myself and i wasnt really that difficult, instruction were good and template for bumper cut, and it cant be seen unless you hang upside down , under the rear bumper.
when the neck is removed you cant see anything at all.
The westafalia kit is allmost oem kit aswell so a good one to consider.:thumbs up:

Can't have swan neck only flange type as i use the flange to attach the bike rack

are you looking to fit this to a saloon or avant, yep i'd agree with above on the swan neck with flange, but there are a fair few differing options if you really look around, i have seen a few mercs with detachable necks that had bike rack brackets fitted to them aswell,saves having a cluttered rear end when not in use

Saloon but i sure as hell aint paying £500 for a jockin tow bar.... lol

Nor me ! Same as u, I'd find the equipment that did the job then buy it at the best price I could find. When you read the details, that was a fitted price

i had a tow bar on the b6 a couple years back cost me £50 for the equipment and wiring second hand, and £80 to fit it and wire it in...... a saving of ofer £400 quoted by those on that link lol

morning all, a mobile towbar fitter arrived at my place of work this morning to fit me a towbar, he couldn't even remove the rear quarter panel trim in the boot , he needed to remove the subwoofer to gain access to the bolts to remove the bumper. He thinks the plastic trim in the boot is glued to the glass above, surely not? has anyone heard of this problem before. he said he would either break the plastic trim panel or smash the glass, so put the lights back in and went home!

those side panel can be an utter pain to get off, doubt they are glued , just a case of very strong clips, if you look at a few other threads on the subject you'll see its not uncommon to struggle with them, i have an avant and had to wrestle mine off.

Thanks Rob, would of thought a professional towbar fitter should of coped. Booked it in at place next monday, fingers crossed they manage it. I first had a guy let me down 3 times and now another turns up but is incapable of doing the job!

Just as I am looking for a towbar....

Any of you guys have one you'd like to sell?

Need one for B7 Avant, single elecs... cheers in advance

just make sure you check with Audi that you A4 doesn't need the cooling fan upgrade etc. I phoned Audi UK and they were very helpful and checked mine to ensure i didn't need the £2,000 upgrade...... phew !!

just make sure you check with Audi that you A4 doesn't need the cooling fan upgrade etc. I phoned Audi UK and they were very helpful and checked mine to ensure i didn't need the £2,000 upgrade...... phew !!

Cheers but pretty certain it won't need anything that severe.. That would probably be for towing a caravan, horsebox etc.. But I only need it for a small trailer carrying my track bike... 300 kilo's at the very very most inc the trailer

K7 GSXR 750.. The one in the avatar. Do you ride?

most certainly do, i'm more bike than car to be honest, but petrol head in general.

Good way to be sir!!

Well I stopped road riding antics a year ago after a slide under a truck and a(nother) lucky escape and just do track days now.. Far more enjoyable and far less dangerous due to the lower frequency of blind f*@$wits not paying attention! Due to this i'm probably more car than bike nowadays but my heart has 2 wheels :love heart: I can't recommend track days enough they really are the nuts although I prob only manage about 5 or 6 a year now.... What ya ridin?

totally agree with you, i gave up road riding in 2009 having been riding on our great british highways since i was 16, i do miss a nice rideout to be honest but its just to much hassle now and just not worth the risk.
I've done a fair few track days and looking to do a few more this year, just need to fit them in with work etc etc.
Only have 2 bikes now, one road bike Ducati 916sps :) (tucked up in the garage), and my track bike which is a ducati 955 corse (too good to use really) but hey, its a race bike so what the hell i'll use it and it goes like stink ;):icon thumright:.
used to have a good selection of bikes but drifted into ducati ownership back in the early 2001 and been a keen owner/fan eversince.:)
rob

Cool... nice fleet!!! :icon thumright:

I'll give ya a shout when I book one up, feel free to do the same :thrashi:

Got mine off ebay for £220 in total I think, a tow trust one is a decent make easy to fit just have to remove the bumper, and cut a slight notch into the rear defuser, took a few hours and the wiring was very easy just wired into the rear light. Any questions I'd be glad to help fitted mine in January