Tow bar 12s

corker1985

Reaction score
Need to fit a 12s Gray plug on my 2003 1.9 tdi Quattro avant.
I only have the black 12n at the moment any one shed any light on this before I go and pay some one els to do it.

Yes off towing over weekend might just buy the kit of audi

You will need a split charge relay. I have fitted both on my A4. It's easy to do. last month I changed my setup from 12N and 12S to a Euro 13pin socket. Much neater and easier to use.

There are plenty of diagrams on google. To be honest, the instructions that come with the split charge relay are clear and precise enough too!

just replaced both my sockets on my avant as the socket mounting plate had rusted away.Have left the detachable bar off until needed though 'cos the car looks much better without it.

Thanks for that do you need to run x2 cables to the front of the car.

No, unless you are fitting the genuine cable iirc. As that joins in just under the dash. I just fitted all mine to the connections in the rear of the rear. Including the the 12v supply for the split charge. Works fine with no issues.

Back from towing 1.2 ton caravan little bit slower but drove perfect 250 miles for £62 pound but car was full aswell found out I had the 13 pin with a 12n adapter but now iv bought it thanks for help