Touchless Cleanup of A4 - play with new snow-foam

stevemiles70

Reaction score
Website
www.stevemiles.info
Hi all :sm4:

Thought I would do a write-up of a clean-up just completed, It is far from a full-detail, but had just received some new supplies and wanted to play with a couple of hours free had this afternoon. Sorry some of the after pics are not great, need a decent camera to capture, plus light was fading and crap for reflecting the silver.

Plus I was keen to test out the new magifoam from AutoBrite as part of Touchless cleanup routine that I am trying out along with ONR.

I apologise now if you have read or will read this (and my subsequent details I do) on other frequented Audi Forums... I am a bit of a pic-whore :laugh:

I thought I would include this AB Magifoam mini review/test also... this stuff has simply amazed me practically given me a Touchless Wash with no need to follow with Bucket/Mitt and also no pre-rinse with an APC or something like VP Orange Pre-wash that have been using. I could see it dissolving and the dirt running off as it dwelled

So, here is the victim and as can be seen its not that dirty as I had given it a winter detail/ Colly jacket previously, but has a fair bit of caked on mud from country lanes since last maintenance wash few weeks back.

Note I am also using the std detergent bottle and not the AB Foam lance (for reasons that I am keeping sceret... suffices to say I am stupid) ...but still impressed with foaming action.

The routine I used was Foam, dwell, rinse, ONR through super sprayer, dwell, ONR again, dwell and then spritz each panel with ONR QD and dry.

The results speak for themselves (sorry for crap pics that dont do justice to the finish), no agitation of mitts or manual intervention anywhere on the car apart form drying ... superb IMO :rock:

I then went on to finish the car using Jeffs Acryllic and dress tyres/ arches/ trim etc and top up wheels with protection, with no need to touch/clean any further from Power wash rinse and ONR wipe down.

Onto the pics :D

New stash of products arrived to replen the detailing kit 8)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Only using std detergent bottle not foam lance so not a great deal of thick foam, but the cleaners still did their magic in the product; and didnt stick as well on a dry car, but then putting this down to not being a foam lance, still did an impressive job though
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

It certainly seemed to have no problem reaching the car, and had a bit of overspray, was like my own snow storm and managed to covers neigbours car and the blue vauxhall parked a good dew feet away
16.jpg

17.jpg

These afters are just following a rinse, no agitation involved, pretty impressive cleaning power....
26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Run out of space as its says reached max number of pics... will add onto next post

Continued here....

Then went over car with ONR and then ONR as QD in hand spray bottle and wiped down dry.

Finally topped up Jeffs acryllic, cleaned glass/lights, dressed trim, arches and tyres... zero touch almost apart from the Drying :thumb:

As mentioned, sorry some of the after pics are not great, need a decent camera to capture, plus light was fading and crap for reflecting the silver, plus think the damp conditions weren't great for buffing off product. There is some really good reflection and flake pop, that cant capture in these pics :cry:

34.jpg

37.jpg

49.jpg

48.jpg

47.jpg

41.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

38.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

43.jpg

39.jpg

Seen this over on DW, your evo was a tidy one!

look forward to the rs write up. ill be doing my cousins as soon as the weather brightens up..in sprint blue very nice!!