Touch-Up Paint for A3 8V SB

m0sbf

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some touch-up paint (Monsoon Grey) for my A3 SB to touch in a few stone chips on the front bumper.

I guess I have two choices: order the OEM touch-up or try one of the lower cost options on the web. Some of these look a bit dubious. Have any of you had any experiences with non-OEM paint for touching up stone chips and can anyone recommend a supplier? Not sure what the paint will cost from Audi, but I'm guessing it won't be cheap - but at least it will match!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

The touch up paint from the dealer is not too expensive. Under £10 when i last tried to buy some.

It will be a near perfect match but use a cocktail stick to apply it. Make sure you remove all dirt, wax and polish from the chipped area first. Use isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: sliced
This is the 8P A3 section... There is an 8V 1....

It doesnt make any difference on this particular subject, but in future posts, you might get better responses in the correct section ;)

New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)

Oh, sorry my mistake, in my dazed state must have picked the wrong category. Thought I posted it into the 8V category, I can see the mistake now. Thanks

Oh, sorry my mistake, in my dazed state must have picked the wrong category. Thought I posted it into the 8V category, I can see the mistake now. Thanks

Just to help you get the answers your looking for fella ;)

just about to order some touch up paint myself - just wondering if the results are good enough - ie: will i look at the spot afterwards and think it was better before i started playing with it!.
Ive got a few chips on the bonnet and one on a door edge