Total closure...total pain in the *** more like!

themanthatcan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon peeps,

I was awoken an hour ago by the sound of what I thought was my alarm clock going off. After remembering it's only Sunday I realised that it was actually my car alarm going off, so I looked out the window to see a neighbour stood beside my car looking bemused.

I was rather concerned as the last time my alarm went off in the street was when a neighbour's Passat estate rolled down a hill into the back of my old 106GTi. The 106 had then been pushed into the back of my XR3i, causing about £5k of damage in the end!

Anyway I go outside to find that it's nothing that drastic..just that both my front windows are wide open. The neighbour said they were like that when he got in at around midnight last night (yeah thanks for letting me know!!) so I can only assume that the unlock buttom of my key fob had been pushed down in my pocket while I was in the front room yesterday evening.

I took a proper look at the inside of the car to find that all the insides of the windows were covered in condensation and one of the local cats had decided it was something new and interesting to explore so there was muddy paw prints all over the interior! It's just taken me an hour to clean and dry it all up!

Can I disable this total closure "feature" with VAG-Com? It's nothing but a pain in the *** and I'm so glad this didn't happen while I was living in a rough part of Portsmouth as I probably wouldn't have had any interior left by the morning!

Hi Andy,

Someone else had this exact issue not too long ago not sure what he did in the end to sort it but it might be worth finding the thread and asking them.

Not had this issue myself as i always take my keys out of my pocket whem i get home and i like the feature of opening the windows in the summer whilst walking back to the car.

Hi ,

you must of been close to your car or sitting on your remote for a while for the windows to go down . Best bet is to take keys out of pocket while in doors . I can turn the auto window feature off using vag com ....

this happened to me at the begining of the week, came out to goto work at 5.30am n find my windows open

To actually press and hold a single button on the remote, the keys would have to be pressing into your leg a fair bit! I don't see how that could happen without you noticing!

I personally find the total close function REALLY useful, when approaching the car on a hot day dropping the windows when your 30 yards from the car really takes the heat out of it before you get in.

just be more careful!

Happened to me just after I bought mine. Luckily my car is garaged though.

It can be disabled via VAGCOM, I have it on mine, just coz it looks cool in the summer, walking upto your car and your windows come down....(poseur)!!! ;)

Yeah just disable the roll down function, you can still have the closure option, get vag on it & you're sorted

To actually press and hold a single button on the remote, the keys would have to be pressing into your leg a fair bit! I don't see how that could happen without you noticing!

I personally find the total close function REALLY useful, when approaching the car on a hot day dropping the windows when your 30 yards from the car really takes the heat out of it before you get in.

just be more careful!

I have a feeling I'm about to set myself up for a good old hammering....what is the total closure function (well....I spose I can guess what it is) and how do I use it?

No not at all, but some on here are confusing 2 systems with eachother, full closure is where the sunroof & windows all close up together via the key in lock held to the lock position or you hold the remote button down for lock until the whole lot are closed

The other system is venting or roll down function, this is seperate to the closure system, ok uses same motors but its a different setting to turn on/off in the cars ecu

If you want in the summer to let some air into your sauna car then you can with the remote functions make the windows drop down slightly, this is called venting, also with the remote you can drop the windows down totally by holding the unlock until they drop to the bottom, closure is as above, closes everything with press of lock until closed, on newer cars you can turn on the closure system so you hold the lock button on remote until they start to close, when they start then release button & the windows/roof continue to close by themselves

All this is done in the convenience module settings 46, usually, now dependent on your car as to what settings you have, not all cars have these

You can turn it off by getting the coding amount for 35 Central locking, then take the softcode number and minus -64 (eg standard code 74840 - 64, new code being 74776) and press Do it! This should disable it....

Ah yeah actually older 8L was central locking wasnt it, I was thinking while typing is it in that, oh well between us you'll get there

Cheers fellas. I personally find the "roll down" feature quite a risky one, and doubt it's somethign I'll ever use. I didn't realise I could disable it using Vag-Com. I've got a code calculator which I used when enabling the anti-hijack and alarm beep features so will have a fiddle this evening.

Thanks once again,
Andy

where u get the code calculator?

Seconded, would buy you a beer if you could tell me where you got that one from :)

It's interesting, since every other ECU/controller seems to have it's own set of codes. I managed to set mine up by mistake to have the alarm go off when you press the unlock button... not useful and really annoying :wtf:

The code calculator can be downloaded from here:

http://www.kevin-st.co.uk/tt/codes.htm

I can't take all the glory for that link though..it was originally supplied by abdus in another thread. He can even have the beer as I've been off the booze since new years!

I've still not got round to disabling the windows yet but will do it this weekend if the weather holds out.

Andy

Hehe. I've been driving around in a brand new Mondeo for the last few days so not had access to the S3. The Mondeo is actually a really nice car but rather large!