Torx head to remove MAF

david7m

Reaction score
Hi
I want to clean the maf with electrical cleaner and a cotton bud, but can't get to it!
I've removed it connected to the plastic tube, but can't remove the meter using anti tamper torx heads.
What tool is it ?
Dave

It's just a torx screw with a hole in the middle

The screws for the maf housing aren't torx heads, I believe they are 5 spline not 6. I used a flat blade screw driver when I took mine out to clean it.

Or do what I did, and use this bit!

5ff12e26.jpg

Like so.

0d7a3e56.jpg

Reactions: Jay A3
You can get a 6 point torx to fit if you file off one point completely and then trim the oints either side of the one you filed off.
This is what I had to do to get the MAF out of my Passat. used the bit several times before it broke.

Karl.

I used a dremil and cut a slot and used a flat head screw driver.
Mark

I'll try modifying a flat head, if not will leave it :)
Dave

this is whats needed..
ebay item no...380162764688

If the maf is not faulty I would leave well alone, but that's just me and loads of Mar issues.

Mark

I tried to make the tool and gave up, have now re assembled :)
Dave

Sorry what I meant was to cut a slot on the torx screw then use a flat head screw driver to un screw

Sorry what I meant was to cut a slot on the torx screw then use a flat head screw driver to un screw
I was trying to copy Jojo 's tool, have aborted it now as threw my toys out the pram.
Dave

The tool I showed is part do a 3 quid bit set from Maplins, I didn't cut anything? :uhm:

Doh, thought you had made it super accurate with a dremel ! Another fail, choo choo, all aboard the fail wagon :)

Dave