torque stats, 210bhp s3 faster than 225? and quarter mile calculator.

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
TorqueStats.com :: Performance Car Statistics

both 8l s3's are listed, notice the early one is listed at 45kilo lighter but still with a lower bhp per ton but still quicker over the quarter mile? how true is this?

the calculator at the top right is awsome, it was bang on with my mk1 vr6 conv... you can set target weights and bhp figures to attain the quarter mile your after too!

The 8L's aren't getting any younger so I'd take these figures with a pinch of salt,interesting to read though

i guess, just realised it says they are both 5 speed aswell lol... the 225 has a slightly higher top speed, have they got longer gearing or is it just the power?

I have to say a comparison between 210ps and 225ps (yes ps not BHP) is largely irrelevant when mapped as they are essentially the same hardware and map up the same... ultimately the actual power achieved from a remap is more subjective than ever these days due to the age of the cars and the unpredictable engine wear... no two cars map the same...

<tuffty/>

are the 210's actually 45 kilo's less?.., that would make a bit of a difference.

Not sure I believe that tbh... AMK/BAM are physically the same car just different maps... Early APY S3's 'may' be lighter but I would take it whith a pinch of salt... if you are that bothered about 45kg on an S3 you should be looking at a different car lol...

I have added after market stereo kit and OE TTRS wheels... I have no doubt my S3 is heavier than when she left the factory but can still reach 0-60 in 4.1secs... guess with a little weight loss she would dip into the high 3's (recaros weigh shedloads) but meh... if its too heavy get more power :D

<tuffty/>

lol, 45kilo is worth about 1/10th of a second quarter and 0-60 according to the calculator lol...

Anybody know how much the esp system would weigh out of interest?

Anybody know how much the esp system would weigh out of interest?

ESP is an electronic system so would would be the weight of a few wires, couple of control boxes and half a dozen lines of compiled code :)

<tuffty/>

how light could an s3 be.... door cards, window motors, central locking, seats, heaters aircon, dash, perspex windows, drilling holes in everything old american hot rod style... then theres carbon fibre panels, custom light weight driveshafts, wheels, bucket seat, cut out the spare wheel hole, wonder how much you could save....??

Low to mid 1200s I'd say. Need to get my s3 on the weigh bridge. Too many speculations on its weight, 1400/1450/1500+

i thought this, and taking fuel into account, i run at santa pod with as little as possible...

Yeah I usually run with minimal fuel. Usually end up with the light on lol