torque question

paddy

Reaction score
People often refer to the DSG map as allowing greater clamping pressure and thus Torque transfer.
If this is the case we should know what the factory torque limit is ? and compare this to the engine map graphs and decide whether the stock settings are limiting torque ?
Has anyone got torque settings for before and after a DSG map ? or am i missing something obvious here ?

I remember something about this a few years ago when a few of us went o a rolling Road day at AMD tuning.

Im sure the forum member was Alex?? had a stage 2+ may of even been higher with TTE turbo set up and on the rolling road his car was only making something like 350bhp with ??? torque as the gearbox was restricting the power/torque on the dyno. I cant remember the outcome but I will try find out the member now and see if he is still active.

I think the factory limit is around 450Nm, however, the majority of tuners can fudge the torque figure in the engine ECU map to make the gearbox think it's getting less torque than it actually is, so you can push it to around 530Nm before clutch slip. Anything more than this will require a DSG map.

p.s. DSG clutches on the 6-speed DQ250 are good for 600Nm (maybe a little bit more).

Reactions: paddy
Im stage 2+ at the mo DSG and im awaiting to get mine mapped as im experiencing noticable Clutch slip at higher gearing. If im on the Motorway and floor it 5th/6th I get a slight slip. And also when using Launch control you can feel/hear a little bit of slip as the car pulls away.

I had my last S3 DSG mapped that was only stage 1 but the R-Tech DSG map was night and day and realy gave you hell of a kick when changing gear and using Launch. A 620bhp GTR found that out in a little drag race we had haha.

@paddy this is the Forum member I was thinking off don't think active anymore but might be in that build thread below.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-s3.211503/

Reactions: paddy
I would personally ping revo, Apr etc a message asking for this data, I'm sure they would oblige.

I remember something about this a few years ago when a few of us went o a rolling Road day at AMD tuning.

Im sure the forum member was Alex?? had a stage 2+ may of even been higher with TTE turbo set up and on the rolling road his car was only making something like 350bhp with ??? torque as the gearbox was restricting the power/torque on the dyno. I cant remember the outcome but I will try find out the member now and see if he is still active.

@S3Alex ?

I suppose the next question would be why set a torque limit anyway thats well below the capacity of the box ?