****** torque guns

george forbes

Reaction score
So just got round to getting my winter tyres off and the F1 supersports back on this means a trip to the tyre fitters as I don't have spare wheels. normally I run spacers on the car but as the winters are 235 instead of 225 I didn't have them fitted, So today decided to refit them , "Mr angry", every one of the wheel bolts were so tight that I had to stand on my 16" torque wrench and bounce on it to get them off and ended up breaking the wrench. All this after having to go back a second time after noticing 2 of the tyres were fitted the wrong direction.
Flaming torque guns should be banned.

OK, we know the idiots over tighten, but equally why did you stand on your torque wrench. They are a precision bit of kit. My Norbar is about £150+ to replace. I use an extendable bar to remove nuts/studs and the torque wrench to fit them.

Colin

Reactions: AdamInKent, Leevr and Gazpot0111645
OK, we know the idiots over tighten, but equally why did you stand on your torque wrench. They are a precision bit of kit. My Norbar is about £150+ to replace. I use an extendable bar to remove nuts/studs and the torque wrench to fit them.

Colin

Snapon techangles ftw £600