torn between A4 and A6 2.0L black edition s-line

BigBrizo

Reaction score
A4 143bh and A6 177bh

Anyone had both that could give me negatives and positives ?

The A6 is full leather and A4 half

Finish is nicer inside A6 with obviously more space but there's something I'm in love with in the A4.

Both in same price range.

Both 2013 cars A4 has 2 prev owners with 11k on clock ?

A6 has 25k with 1 prev owner

The A6 is being sold by Audi and the A4 from parks maserati

I'm honestly scared to make a decision in case it's wrong

I've drove both before and loved both drives

Help.....

Hi Mate,

I own this little beauty:

2013 Black edition 143.

I tested the A6 too and drives nice but I love the shape of the A4 better. My only concern on the A4 and I imagine most audis with the 19's on low profile tyres is the ride can be a little bumpy. But it does turn heads if you get a misano red :)

Ruby

Reactions: BigBrizo and Sandra
Thanks for the reply mate. The 2 I'm looking at are in daytona grey. I love the red but the wife dosent. Is the ride that bumpy ? What's the mpg like on it and have you remapped at all ? Lovely car btw

Thast funny cos the a4 I was supposed to be buying was daytona grey but they messed up and it arrived it was Misano red. I loved it though lol the wife wasn't sure at first when I said it was red but she loves it too.

Yeh its not the comfiest at times I must admit. Low profile tyres on 19s, not much rubber between road and wheel. Sister in law has an old audi a4 on big bulky tyres and goes over speed bumps feels fine. I need to slow right down on my car. Pot holes are not our friends either. You feel that alright!!

Not had it remapped yet. Still got a few things I want to do before putting more money into it

Between 50-60. Tbh I don't keep an eye on it. I don't do a lot of mileage and I put about £35 per week in it and it lasts me the week unless I do some serious miles on the Saturday.

I do about 30 miles per day moday-friday. Prob about 50 miles on Weekends

Yup. Im not to bothered as Its not much more than my previous banger :)

Hello mate I've got the 143bhp A4 and had the 177bhp A4 as a courtesy car, and now want to get mine Upto to similar spec the pulling power and the extra torque makes a lot of difference especially on the lights and is generally quite noticeably difference between the 2 cars. If you like the shape of an A4 then go for the 177bhp model!! I've got 19's wheels on mine and depending on where you live, it can be bumpy round town, on the motorway it's quite comfortable.

I have kids in the car a lot and I don't drive like a boy racer so pulling away at the lights faster is of no importance :) The 143 is still quite nippy and when I get remapped it'll be around 180bhp.

Hi having driven the the 2 different specs I'd happily get mine remapped, with the torque difference the car generally being a better driving experience, comes down to personal preference at the end of the day, I'd find the 143bhp slow.
That's mine with 19's as I said can be a bumpy ride around town on low profile tyres and on the motorway it's generally ok!

Yeh defo on the motorway its awesome. Here in Glasgow where the roads can be terrible at the best of times it can be rough. Loving those rims :) I'm thinking of swapping my rotors for black after market rims to go with the red I think it would look awesome.

Reactions: BAD BOY V
where you planning on your remap robert ? im just outside glasgow area too and thinking of remapping my A3 1.9tdi.

drove the A6 yesterday and loved it. gonna try the A4 soon.

nearly did a deal yesterday on A6 but my guardian angel made me rethink.

im in no hurry :)