Topgear

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Surely you guys don't need a reminder, but I'll post one anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Topgear on tonight 8PM BBC2, how they can better last weeks show though?

Looks good tonight.

Its got the Ferrari F430, Ford GT and Pagani Zonda in France.

Also the Focus ST.

I will definately be tuned in.

[quote, how they can better last weeks show though?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'd need to include a free Moon.

Very! ....but it would be less funny if it was your own car and that happened. Everyone would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif themselves at you, and you would need to foot the bill for any damage.

I'd love a go in any of those (who wouldn't) but that just made me think they would be pretty useless for anything but motorway driving and who wants to pay over £100k to plod along the motorway? Still if you could afford one then you've probably got plenty others for the practical stuff.

Looks like i`ll be catching the repeat as im on nights tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very! ....but it would be less funny if it was your own car and that happened. Everyone would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif themselves at you, and you would need to foot the bill for any damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it...
I know exactly how they felt with the scraping front spoiler, David R now has a pair of Levis with holes in the kneed with the amount of time he spent on them, checking my front spoiler for clearance when we were hooning around Europe this year (including France...where it DID ground out and take all the paint off!)

We had exactly that problem getting off the ferry in Zebrugge...not good.

...and although a Porsche Motorsport lower front splitter is expensive, I'll wager it's significantly cheaper than the carbon fibre work of art on the Pagani!

Was another top show.

Loved the super car review.

Was supprised at how many times the GT needed to be re-fueled though!

Also I had to laugh at them getting out of that car park! but TBH I think my car would have done the same. Even coming off the stand at Audi driver I heard the front of mine catch on the tarmac.

That car park had a too harsh dip onto the road!

[ QUOTE ]
Also I loved the Focus ST.

Even enough to tempt me over to the blue oval....

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Surely not! Wash your mouth out....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Also I loved the Focus ST.

Even enough to tempt me over to the blue oval....

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be the Orange paintwork that's caught your eye or those three gauges on the top of the dash ...

Seriously though, seems like a pretty good car with excellent handling and performance, with a decent price tag to go with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , but I have read somewhere, that Ford have had problems matching the paintwork between the front bumpers and the bodywork on the new Focus throughout the range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I know it's a Ford, but for the money it seemed a great buy.

Also I wouldn't go for Orange it would have to be the Cosworth blue.

Yeah was a great show.

I thought the Focus ST was pretty smart to. Think i would get one in white and would definately be changing the wheels.

The supercar bit was great as well. The Zonda looks fantastic imo, the miss's thought it looked horrible and said she would have picked the F430 though!!

Cheers.

Function over form...so it has to be the Zonda for me. Love the GT though

Once again a good show...but a typically Top Gear strange choice of cars to compare:

Supercars...F430?
I think not...especially in Spyder form...

Why not compare supercars with supercars...which would mean a Konigssegg (sp?) or a Carrera GT should have been in place of the F430.

Surely an F430 was always going to be outpaced by either the Zonda or Ford GT...

The natural comparison for the F430 would be a Lambo or 911 turbo, wouldn't it?

Yes i agree with you Glen, the Zonda is far more expensive than the others.

I think the Enzo would have been closer comparison to the Zonda.

Also another thing i forgot to mention bout the Focus ST was the sound of it. Sounded pretty nice imo.

Was that Ford ASBO more powerful than the older RS?
Or will they be releasing an even more powerful new shape RS?
Hideous looking, but you've got to hand it them, they know their chav market, and it's the perfect product.

Depends on turbo... Theyve probably used a pretty small turbo which will keep chipped hp figures down, but should be good fun either way...

There is not going to be a RS apparently... the ST is it! But atleast its so underpowered compared to the old one... at 170bhp that was crap.

Does anyone know the torque figures of ithe ST? Surely that would be a point to consider too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yep Top Gear is Top viewing, even if people don't like the cars - the photography is really slick...overused, but I still love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The getting the cars out of awkward positions was a bit scary - eeek!

Iam getting bored of these threesome videos now, what was the point in Sundays show of any
of the clip after the problems getting out the rear?

er light entertainment springs to mind neil, i thought you would be happy as you have another wk of celebriety get me out of here, and at least 3 wks of x factor so chill neil chill, You can watch ant and dec.

very good show and reminds me of my travels to france and belgium this year.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

getting a cayenne S stuck in a french underground car park /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif not goot fun..

and getting Project VO stuck on speed bumps.. lol

but have to say the comical bits like this are always the best.. its about working together with whoever your with to get over a problem of inpraticality for the choice of style and taste..

loved the zonda personally as im a custom of the GT40 situation of filling up all the time with my S4.. he he..

but again.. we don't drive the cars we do to plod along and be boring.. its all about getting on the roads and making them fun...

next years road trips for me consist of

Geneva Motor Show
Tuning 100%
Le Mans 2006
Worthersee
International Tuning Salon

and maybe more hopefully..

Top gear has got the show on the right lines now..

although many people will say.. "what about the every day cars" it will dull the show and make it rather boring IMO. We all want to see the super cars and the amazing cars that we all wish to own and cherish one day..

5 minutes of the camera from the sky watching the 3 of most amazing cars on the planet cruise along the tallest bridge in the world.. is very compelling tv.. and very relaxing also..

I quite liked the randomness of the super car comparison. I enjoyed how each car had it's own environment it worked best in. And especially the bit where R Hammond got a bit of unexpected oversteer in the Zonda with the traction control on! Was clarkson driving his own GT? In the studio he insinuated it was his, and it was the same car on teh test (unlike the other two) I think anyway.

Thoroughly good entertainment.

It wasn't as good as last week's show. What was the point of driving all the way to the south of france to see that bridge? It was a nice bridge for sure, but a rather pointless film.

And what about Ladyman? Don't think he really did himself any favours by going on the show. Thought Clarkson was very gentle on him. If it was Paxman he would have ripped him to shreds!

Jeremey has house on the isle of man and I think it was his car they used! I believe there are also some benifits to do with the car being registered there like he doesn't have to pay the congestion charge etc.

marktwo..

do you have to have a reason to get into your car and drive and enjoy your car?

i certainly don't hence why i've been all over the country and enjoyed it!

Sure, why not enjoy it. But do you have to film it for national TV?

the going over the bridge scene from an artistic POV is something special..

makes you want to get into your car and do waht they do...

if it didn't then fair enuff but i know when for EG the DB9 scene when it was on TG made me think WOW...

same with Sundays show...

it simply makes you want to go out and enjoy your car weather or not you actually have a super car..

yep, topgear are very good when it comes to picking shots. Really good camera work.

Gives a bit of shine on what is a very good program. Its come on a lot in the last year or two.

[ QUOTE ]
yep, topgear are very good when it comes to picking shots. Really good camera work.

Gives a bit of shine on what is a very good program. Its come on a lot in the last year or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, love the camera work. Same reason I love EVO, the photography in there is miles ahead of any of the other magazines. In reading the Veyron article it said EVO and Top gear magazine were the only mags at the launch of 27 (i think???) that took their own photographers. Makes a difference in my book than just taking the VW pictures.

The bridge bit in Top Gear was pretty good I thought, there wasn't really any point, but that misses the point. The story was about the cars, and they just finished on something that they could compare the with a super car in lots of different ways.
And it was a really cool bridge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

IIRC, JC's voiceover explained why they went to the bridge, and why they chose those cars to go to it. Didn't he say something about the link between the cars and the bridge was that they were all examples of man being told something can't be done, and then going out and doing it.

Didn't JC send his GT40 back? I thought he had a refund from ford?

Not 100% mind you ...

yep he did, then he bought it again, hence the references to him buying it twice in the program.

I belive ford disabled the tracker and sorted the other problem he was having then he realised he would put up with the problmes as he likes the car so much. There was an article about it in whatever paper he writes for a while ago.