Top Gear

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Audi is top of the board woo hoo

pah saw the boorhusst ;)
stoke07008.jpg

Last edited:
One of the funniest episodes for a while with a couple of laugh out loud moments, notably Clarkson fetish for explosions, and Hammond in the cherry picker :lmfao:

yeah weird ending armagheddon's neerly here .... funny clarkson blowing stuff up and the advert with tht guys arm ******* blood was quite funny

thought the ending was a bit arty farty if you know what I mean, usually go out with a bang. But it quietened the kids down who just stared along with me, maybe they will buy me an Aston one day after be so moved that they stopped fighting for a few minutes.

Only half watched the first 15mins as had my folks round.

What was the verdict on the S4? If any?

cheers
Paul

What was the verdict on the S4? If any?

They didn't really give one, just classed it as a bland german saloon car along with all the others and said you were better off with a VXR!

The supercharger whine would quickly get on my nerves. Infact it would get on my nerves if it drove past me on the street.

They didn't really give one, just classed it as a bland german saloon car along with all the others and said you were better off with a VXR!

Thought as much.
Bit like the RS6 review...that wasnt.

The comparison was pointless too.
Entertaining, but pointless.
Like many of their features these days.

Im sure they could have spared 30 seconds to afford some kind of review. The S4 is much more relevant than some wacky Australian pick-up no one will ever see, drive or buy in this country.

Maybe one day these motoring hacks will realise that most of us dont want to go everywhere sideways, spend every weekend on a track and get our tyres for free.

hurumph..

cheers
Paul

imo i think it was a waste of twenty minutes of the program to go on about this vw advert thing!

The ending was odd, I understand what Clarkson was saying and agree that the sound of V8 and V12 rumbles will sadly disappear but it did drag on a bit. It would of been better if it suddenly flicked to Clarkson going sideways on the track with explosions and girls in bikini's in the background.

clarkson said audis arnt cool no more as people who drove bmw's are moving to audis..? anyone think this is true.

clarkson said audis arnt cool no more as people who drove bmw's are moving to audis..? anyone think this is true.

The last part is True, but I think Audi's are cool for the minute, they make the best looking cars at the mo', modern BMW's are probably better to drive and have more road presence, but the styling is a bit odd in my opinion.

imo i think it was a waste of twenty minutes of the program to go on about this vw advert thing!

AGREED ! Thought that part of the show was not very good at all ! Seemd to have been done just to fill in time !

Wow!!!!! Have finally made 3rd gear !

The ending was odd, I understand what Clarkson was saying and agree that the sound of V8 and V12 rumbles will sadly disappear but it did drag on a bit. It would of been better if it suddenly flicked to Clarkson going sideways on the track with explosions and girls in bikini's in the background.

Sometimes the less words that are said the better, take my friend Dazmo for an example, sometimes an advert speaks itself......

The problem with BMW's is kinda the same thing as porsche...no matter which one you buy you're gonna get the same interior and I think that if I'm spending 80 grand on a BMW I want the interior to look a bit special and they all look so cheap!!!

I was mildly entertained by this last episode, but I wouldn't say it was one of their best.

The ending I liked a lot though (but didn't like the prophecy of it (and I think the only thing which isn't certain is the timeline)); the cinematography was excellent (as it often is on Top Gear), and it was quite a bold, brave perhaps, way to use air time. That coupled with the BGM (Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)) made for a really stirring piece (IMHO); and was great balance to the explosions and silliness of the preceeding few minutes, which demonstrated that Clarkson can be a proper grown-up when he wants to be...

In short, the last five minutes (or however long it was) of the episode made it for me.

Regards,

Rob.

Last edited: