1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Top Gear

T-800 Mar 5, 2017

1. T-800

T-800 Guest

So James McAvoy drives......an RS3

Audi Bairn, Scottyg and terminator x like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

That new Ferrari though......what an animal!!!

4. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

Yes BUT: if you want to see more of the car and its abilities rather than Chris Harris (great semi-professional Goodwood classic-car racing-driver that he is) posing then here's what a 100% professional 'did' with its predecessor on the Top Gear track back in 2013:

Interesting that Harris made no comment of the actor's RS3 - remembering how Harris generally slags off the RS3...

THQuattro and Nilz like this.
  5. 45bvtc

For me a golden opportunity was missed. ALL three should have been loaded onto that rocket from the Baikonur Cosmodrome and launched...

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The FXXK undeniably a fantastic car but nobody is ever likely to see one. At least I have seen some Veyrons about.
    I want one of those jet washers though, sort the moss out on the patio no problem :) .

Audi Bairn and 45bvtc like this.
  7. 45bvtc

With one of them Jet Washers Karl you could clean my patio slabs and driveway from your house. :superman:

PS: I can show you how to sort the moss, easily...

8. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Registered User Bronze Supporter Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

I use to love top gear but can't help but think they should of let it go when clarkson and co went or renamed it at least as it ain't top gear without clarkson, last night was better without evens but still not great and not a patch on The grand tour.

45bvtc likes this.
  9. T-800

T-800 Guest

10. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User

Loved the new Top Gear without Evans constant whine. Really looking forward to next week :)

Westy likes this.
  11. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man Gold Supporter

Me too. I never went near the last series, as I just cannot abide Chris Evans. So Sunday was my first experience of the post-Clarkson/May/Hammond era, and I really enjoyed it. I think Messrs LeBlanc, Harris and Reid have got their own dynamic going on. I'll be watching next week.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Westy likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. leshkin

Yeah, I managed to watch all of last year's season - much of the time it was cringe-worthy mainly due to the Evans and Jordan being complete idiots, but then some features were amazing. Seeing Chris Harris abuse some seriously fast cars in a way that the old trio could only dream of, was an amazing sight. Thankfully TG website has many of the features from last year online without the Big Breakfast do-over :) Check them out here - http://www.topgear.com/videos and here https://www.youtube.com/user/topgear?hl=en-GB&gl=GB

I was always a big fan of Harris and Reid from their YouTube days, so nice to see them back on screen again with a bigger budget. Just hope that they can get better at making the dialogue flow better... Hopefully this will come with practice.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  14. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The 'new' Top Gear ? Love the show & the format, but prefer the presenters of the Grand Tour doing Top Gear ;) :D

Just my thoughts ... :whistle2: :hi:

15. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The line up still needs some tweaking. I think Harris and Reid are great just needs somebody like Jason Plato in there.

16. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't the Fxx in this episode of TG Michael Schumacher's very own Fxx? I'm convinced he was the actual driver playing the stig?

Only just got round to watching the new Topgear, I actually quite enjoyed it! I couldn't get on with Grand Tour, watched 3 or 4 episodes, then gave up.

leshkin likes this.
  17. leshkin

Same, I got bored of Grand Tour pretty quickly. It was a show about the trio rather than about cars, plus it was very repetitive and nothing new. I'd be pretty upset if I got the Amazon Prime sub just for that... That time loop episode made me switch off lol

Still, happy to have both shows to watch now though

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

18. Andyk

Andyk Registered User

After watching a few now, I prefer the new Top Gear to the Grand Tour. Found the Grand Tour boring and repetitive after the first few episodes. Not bothered if it didn't come back.

jojo and leshkin like this.
  19. 45bvtc

I record the new Top Gear; I was able to view the 3rd effort pretty damn quick. [​IMG]

20. Westy

Westy Registered User

I switched off after 15 mins of the first episode of last series and sacked it off. Came back this series and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. The chemistry between the presenters isn't quite there yet but I'm sure if you go back and watch the first series with Clarkson, Hammond, and May it was much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leshkin, jdp1962 and SteveMcB like this.
  21. malph

malph Registered User

I'm quite enjoying the new top gear. Yes, presenters aren't quite 'there' yet, but give it time. The programmes balance of cars and presenters is way better, I actually watch it for the cars, and it's good to see Sabine Schmitz getting some air time. Clarkson et al ruined the old format by making it all about them instead of the cars and it just got more rediculous by the week.

22. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

I really enjoyed the episode with the New Aston Martin on it and thought it was really well played out with the Bond theme, also thoroughly enjoyed Sabing on the ring with the new Golf, that was good viewing for me, probably one of the best episodes for a while.

Westy likes this.