Top Gear reminder

abdus

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
in 14 mins :)

Stig takes the Bugatti Veyron round the track for a power lap?

Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are challenged to drive from the heart of Switzerland to the North Western coast of England on just one tank of fuel. As an incentive, the first one to arrive gets to turn on the Blackpool Illuminations.

Back at the track, James tackles his first ever power test in the amazing Pagani Zonda F Roadster and, after years of waiting, The Stig finally gets to set a lap time in the remarkable Bugatti Veyron

Cool thanks, you must have cut and paste that off the Radio Times website lol :hi:

I wonder what time the Veyron will post? Very powerful, but I'm thinking kinda unweildly? Maybe?

this it was 1.18.3 if i remember correctly, then the zonda as they fixed it in time did it in 1.17.8

i think thats what they were cant remember exactly lol

Its still a very impressive time for a massively heayy car but the ones above it are just amazing on the track.

Not suprised the Zonda was quicker than the Veyron round the track, the veyron's a heavy old beast....in a staight line though it was a different story. The Bugatti looked awesome in white too !!

Show was average in my opinion, and Veyron time was a it of an anti climax too, but Captian slow putting on Stig's Helmet when he was drifting the Zonda was the highlight for me.

Show was average in my opinion, and Veyron time was a it of an anti climax too, but Captian slow putting on Stig's Helmet when he was drifting the Zonda was the highlight for me.

lol I think the stig actually wore james clothes not the other way around.

My theory on why the Veyron wasnt the quickest isnt to do with its weight, if you watch the clip at no point do you see the car stepping out of line which in my view means one of 2 things:

1. The traction control etc was left on as the beeb was too scared to damage it
2. The stig wasnt really really trying because the beeb was too scared to damage it

Im fairly sure the reason the veyron has never been round the track is because Bugatti wouldnt let them use a press demonstator to do it, that car im fairly sure is a privately owned one. Also, did anyone else happen to notice the dent below the drivers door on the sill?

Also, did anyone else happen to notice the dent below the drivers door on the sill?

Yes we noticed this.

Ive not actually seen any vids of the veyron stepping out but I think its computers are probably quite aggressive in controlling the car.

Who knows.

Yes, I noticed the dent on the sill too, forgot to mention that, but it is in my opinion that the Veyron only gets into it's stride at silly speed 100mph+, where it can't reach out on the tight TG track.

Ive not actually seen any vids of the veyron stepping out but I think its computers are probably quite aggressive in controlling the car.quote]

This was my point though, the Stig normally has all the electronic gizmo's turned off when he's doing a lap so even the most hi tech cars like the R8 & Nissan GT-R end up sliding about a bit. The Veyron looked too planted & under control to of had its electronics turned off imo.

Thought it looked like some hideous kit car in white. Cheap & nasty. Was impressive in a straight line though, and a pretty good time considering it's not a track car. All the others above it are purely track cars so a pretty unfair comparison. If JC had used the Zonda in the race they did from Italy to UK he would have been crippled at the end of it.