top gear 30th nov

tigger

Reaction score
i think that i am slowly going off clarkson now he is calling audi drivers **** :nunu::haudrauf:

you know, im getting board of top gear full stop... all this RS6 racing skiers down a hill....

I'll give him that one because he did imply that Mauritius was better than Germany for holidays :)

I'm still confused by the show saying the M3 was faster round the track than anything Audi or Mercedes could do. Well yes if you're talking about the S4, which is the only equivalent they've put round the track. But the S4 (old B7 V8) was about £14k cheaper than the M3, so hardly a like for like comparison. Why on earth didn't they put the RS4 round the track as it's practically the same price as the new M3?

I'm still confused by the show saying the M3 was faster round the track than anything Audi or Mercedes could do. Well yes if you're talking about the S4, which is the only equivalent they've put round the track. But the S4 (old B7 V8) was about £14k cheaper than the M3, so hardly a like for like comparison. Why on earth didn't they put the RS4 round the track as it's practically the same price as the new M3?

The older V8 S4 was actually quicker round the top gear track than the previous M3...

yup, I actaully stopped watching it half way thru, which was a first

The older V8 S4 was actually quicker round the top gear track than the previous M3...

Yes I remember that one, but for £50k they should put it up against an RS4 for fairness.
Obviously Clarkson has created the "**** drivers moving from BMW to Audi" so he can finally rave about BMW without the "yes, but they're generally driven by *******" tagline, even though it's still as true as it ever was. Audi obviously aren't being as forthcoming with the freebie test cars as the Bauhaus Motor Werks!

lets be honest who gives a toss how fast a car goes round a track mine gets me to work and back home thats all that matters. if its not on two wheels and belching smoke from the tyres going round corners its BOOOOOORING according to jeremy clarkson. its still a great show i would not miss an episode

Yesterday was the worse show of this series.

The first one was dreadful, yesterdays poor. The rest have been great viewing. They padded out the cool wall yesterday and no doubt they'll pad out the last one with a best car of the year poll type thingy.

Still more hit than miss imo.

His spelling is too good for him to be a teacher.

It was amusing to see that the only word he actually got right in the whole sentence was "*****".

I think the whole Audi-**** thing is about seeing if the Top Gear brand can really influence popular culture. BMW drivers have had this reputation for years, and with Audi slowly stealing sales and growing their range, they're prime targets for criticism. Clarkson has nothing to lose.

Still love the show though; hasn't been as good as when the current format first started, but some of their pieces - like Hammond driving the Ferrari Daytona on Sunday's show - are just fantastic to watch.

BMW drivers have taken stick for years, jibes about tailgating, indicating etc..., but thats old hat now, so its therefore not cool or funny to keep repeating the same old lines anymore.

Calling AUDI drivers ***** is `new`, so therefore more topical, funny and contraversial, and it makes better TV on that basis.

Its so very tonque in cheek though, labelling millions of peope a **** or other wise because of the car they drive is a nonsense, but its good crack at the end of the day.

And if the gospel HAS been spoken by Bishop Clarkson then Im happy hooning around in my AUDI being a ****.

Amen.

PS - Last couple series of TG has been a bit disappointing though. And the whole "lets race a mountain goat on acid against a Dutch Supercar that runs on skunk oil" format doesnt entertain me now. Its been done.

Paul

Top Gear is now pants, presented by the biggest **** of them all Clackson with his two tiny little bad hair day ******* mates Hammond & May.

Stopped watching it ages ago and by the sound of things nothing has changed....

Shame really as they have destroyed what used to be a tip top program.

And not one mention of Alan Partridge when he was testing the Lexi!
Still a quality program, even a bad one is far superior than anything else on TV. If you don't like it get back to rotting your brains with "Big Brother" and "I'm a Non Entity get me out of here".

I think that Top Gear is still a cracking programme. It's the only thing that there is to look forward to on Sundays! I'm guessing all was well when he was calling BMW drivers ***** but now that he's turned on the 4 rings, he's a **** himself. Why take him so seriously? You know he contradicts himself every day. Even HE knows it and admits it! Anyway, Top Gear now is an entertainment show.

They did put the RS4 round the track a few series back. It was the episode where he raced the cliff climbers. They took the Cayman S round the track at the beginning of the episode and it posted a time of 1:26.7. At the end when he was going on about the RS4 he said that they put it round the track and it was over a second faster than the Cayman S and it was "1:25.something". Now the M3 which came out some 2 years after the RS4 posted a time of 1:25.3. I dont think that's bad at all on the RS4's behalf!

Yes but they neglected to post the time on the power lap board, probably because all the ***** driving them wouldn't be able to achieve anything like that time!

I would like to see more car reviews. Sometimes you dont see any new cars and theres far too much track action and not enough on-road testing.

I'll always watch Top Gear regardless of whose presenting it cause i just love cars....simple as that !!

Nothing more boring than a normal car review. If there's no exciting new cars launched then I'd rather see something else than a boring review. What do you need to know about the latest Mondeo? The last thing we need is Chris Goffey revelling in the damper on a Rovers glovebox, Dull, dull, dull.
I also love the arty camera work on TopGear, that's worth an award on its own.

Yep - if you want a car review, then check out What Car's excellent 3 minute videos on their website instead. Covers all the detail and most models are featured too.

I do think however that the latest TG series has seen a slight cooling off of some of their more silly ideas. For example, the bus racing last week was quite a small part of the show really, whereas the previous weeks' challenge, where the guys had a fuel economy race from Basel to Blackpool, was extremely entertaining but it had a point to it; namely how you drive a car is one of the biggest influences on fuel economy. Plus the Ferrari Daytona race with May in the boat had a great nostalgic feel to it, but again wasn't over the top.