1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Toolbox compartment item placement

Tuffz Jun 20, 2020

1. Tuffz

Tuffz Registered User

Curiousity led me to opening up the toolbox compartment in the back right of the boot and now for the life of me can't figure out how to securely put everything back together! I've just left the jack unsecured as I couldn't figure out how to secure it in place. Can someone show me how theirs is assembled so I can try putting it back properly. A video would be great. Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. rcnacura

rcnacura US Spec 8V

If you have your manual, there is pictures there. I'll try and get a picture for you if someone else doesn't pipe in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tuffz likes this.
  4. rafletcher

rafletcher Registered User

My jack’s under the boot floor, in a moulded polystyrene block. It’s too big for that compartment I think. The tool roll is also under the floor, but I guess that could go in the side compartment. No point though, as I’m only ever going to use it for a wheel change - for which I need to get under the floor for jack and spare :smiley:

5. Tuffz

Tuffz Registered User

I've had a look in the user manual and it mentions the tools are in there but doesn't show me how it's assembled

6. traindweller

traindweller Registered User

Mine is just in the bag and the velcro strap holds it in place/upright

7. Tuffz

Tuffz Registered User

Is the jack under the boot for you then?

8. traindweller

traindweller Registered User

Yes it is, on the passenger side just below the light cluster, the link is about this subject and the pic is for our 19 A3 but it is the same in our 15 a3. Hope that's some help

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/posts/3424804/

9. Tuffz

Tuffz Registered User

Looks like my jack is slightly bigger than that in the picture. I tried fitting but it's bigger than the space. Opened up the jack and tied the velcro around the bottom half for now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  10. rafletcher

rafletcher Registered User

And mine is an 18 S3, and the jack, in its custom moulded polystyrene block (with handle separate but in the same place) is at the rhs of the boot, but back near the rear seats. I have a space-saver. On the lhs (opposite) is another moulding. This has th3 tool kit stuck in, but it’s not custom made for it. I think the toolkit is supposed to be in the rhs side panel, but as I said upthread, I’ll need to be under the boot floor for th3 jack, so the tools can stay there. Along with the space saver, breaker bar, torque wrench, jump leads, extra warning etc. :grinning: