Took a few pics of my 40mm drop

9 below zero

Reaction score
I only lowered it yesterday and i'm not too sure if the front will settle a little more but i'm kind of getting used to it now...

So what do you think?

I tried to get the GF to lower the front a bit more...

the front needs to be lower to get a better stance, if my mrs ever touched my paint or put a coat with a zip or her boot on my car she would have 3 shoes on.........2 on her feet and one in her ***!!!! lol

looks good though mate but it needs to be slightly lower IMO

haha.Yeah i'll see how it looks like in a week once fully settled. But i don't want the wheels up in the arches i'm after the standard look but yeah you're right the front is a little high...

I had similar issues when i lowered my SE too.

Ended up dropping the insulating spacers out of the front shock/spring set up, was spot on then.

PS you should have made use of the other half, i mean it would be a shame not to....LOL

LMAO but is it worth it knowing you have to get the polisher out to get the swirl marks and wot ever else out of the paint:faint:

I had similar issues when i lowered my SE too.

Ended up dropping the insulating spacers out of the front shock/spring set up, was spot on then.

PS you should have made use of the other half, i mean it would be a shame not to....LOL

Haha! nah didn't fancy dogging at -3 but hey mabe next time...

Can i take the insulating spacers out of mine?

PS what the **** are insulating spacers?

Cheers.

Did you fit the springs yourself?

If you did on the bottom are some 1/2 inch thick alloy and rubber spacers i removed them and the spring located fine on the steel cup

no I didn't fit them myself, but i'll speak to the mechanic to see if he can do the same...

When I lowered mine 40mm it still sat higher than I expected at first but then it settled down anouther 10mm or so. Mine is a sport and lowered on H&R racing springs

As long as the one end of the spring is parallel, then it should be fine to cut a half coil off, you'll have to fiddle with the spring seats to get everything lined up again, but i think that has to happen anyway when you remove a spring.

If its a progressive spring, with two or three windings that sit really close together, you can probably cut an entire coil off, and not make much difference to the final height.

We were tempted to do it with craigs S4 as we stupidly baught avant rear springs and it sits with a tiny bit of rake, didnt bother in the end as with a full tank of fuel and him sitting in it, it levels out, and gives a bit more height for when carrying 4people!

they always say a bit of height at the rear is more aerodynamic!!

I don't think yours is far off my ride hight, but with out them side by side its hard to tell. This is how mine looks now

P9250008.jpg

The front of his car is much higher than yours dsm.

I'd be getting the grinder out!

Last edited:
looks like that will be the only option. What size are your wheels dsm?

Dude... your g/f needs to put some weight on and then the front will sit sweet! (joking - but she is quite trim!)

DSM's wheels are 18's fella. Best design wheels that money can buy too! lol

Dude... your g/f needs to put some weight on and then the front will sit sweet! (joking - but she is quite trim!)

DSM's wheels are 18's fella. Best design wheels that money can buy too! lol

Haha, if your GF would share a burger now and again then our cars would even out a bit...