Too much torque for tyres

harvz

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my 1.9tdie BLS a3 8pa remapped/dpf removed/egr delete its 2008 model.

Currently rolling on 205/55 r16 and getting too much wheel spin. Wondering if any 1 could direct me to which tyre size (width) would be best to cope with the wheel spin?

Also is there any negatives such as less mpg with wider tyres?

Also it was 105bhp now i dont know what it is because i didnt get it tested yet but guy who did the work said its 155bhp

What tyres are you currently running.....brandwise.

What tyres are you currently running.....brandwise.

I was gonna say the same thing. But even on 225/40/18s running conti sport contact 5s ive had wheelspin in 2nd in dry and even 3rd in wet conditions. (Pd170). I think ud have to consider some super grippy and maybe 235s before u cure the issue

Pirelli P6000 are terrible tyres, there's your problem.

You're probably running 140-150bhp at the most which isn't big power for average tyres. Having said that, in the wet, you can get most things to spin the wheels.

You're probably running 140-150bhp at the most which isn't big power for average tyres. Having said that, in the wet, you can get most things to spin the wheels.

Thanks i will try giving the front axle tyres a change with the rear and see if that remedies it before i start forking out more cash on it

Another thing u shud take into consideration is that normally u get progressive boost on factory maps. I think some remaps just give u full boost at all times. Having the dpf removed and a much more free flowing exhaust allows for a much quicker spool up time aswell, ur getting full power much quicker than normal. Im guessing ur heavy footed too, otherwise u wudnt have an issue

you shouldnt be losing too much traction for 155bhp? must be crap tyres

I would agree with this assessment. I have Pirelli P6000's all round currently on mine and they are truly awful. Terrible and frankly dangerous grip in the wet and poor handling in the dry. Steer clear (Pardon the pun).

Real cars are quattro ! Too much torque on the front wheels is enough to break traction in diesels, Bhp sells cars, torque wins races !

Reactions: RedDejavu
Torsen quattro not 4Motion which with the exception of older b5 passats were all Haldex ****e !

Spot on, just changed over tyres massive difference. Btw I'm not moaning about of wheel spin here, it was excessive Well I now know Pirelli p6000 are absolutely sh*t. They will stay in the back until they are worn and will be gone forever.
I used to have a golf gt with 140bhp and they had same wheels so I was confused how a smaller engine was causing this coz it's not the most powerful thing in the world...

It's probably the way the car has been mapped. PD's have a very choppy power delivery and a lot of maps just up the torque limiter which makes the car horrible to drive as you are witnessing.

Rick

19" 225-35-19 conti sport 5's still wheel spins in 2nd in the dry if i boot it

It's probably the way the car has been mapped. PD's have a very choppy power delivery and a lot of maps just up the torque limiter which makes the car horrible to drive as you are witnessing.

Rick

Changing the tyres has helped. It was a custom map and i purposely told the guy to remap it get max power out of it.

Personally i can keep driving the car feels fantastic and more responsive. I would recommend any1 running a 105 1.9 to follow the same thing i have done, that's only if u struggle with insurance and cant get your hands on a 170 2.0.... And if you have a 105 BXE engine just drive it slow and pray it don't break (dunno if all BXE engines have weak con rods but i wouldnt risk it). Dunno why people through the BLS engine in the claims of weak con rods just to clarify they dont... Never heard a BLS engine go mines been very good so far just exhaust sensor and bearing changed.

Also dont think i will put wider tyres on just prob take a look at some "grippy" tyres suggested by u guys.

tuned n styled remapped my car, very good guy... He will work with u to achieve what u personally want out of the car at a set price. Even was told if i don't like the custom map i can tone it down. Also price was very good, £399 for dpf removal and custom map. £25 for egr delete and changed my exhaust sensor for free.
Decent guy would recommend for any1 around east midlands