1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Too many products and suppliers ?

Taxboy Jun 24, 2017

1. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

I was looking for a new qd and trawling around the Internet got me thinking. I'm convinced that there are too many products / suppliers out thereu and at some time the bubble will burst. A lot of products seem almost identical and I do wonder if in a lot of cases the same product is being repackaged.

I know that I'm guilty at times of being seduced by the latest hyped product, which in many cases does pretty much the same as is already on the market. I will concede occasionally a new ground breaking product does come along that does change the market.

So after checking the garage and finding half used bottles of product I've decided to implement a "one in, one out" rule and only replace when I run out of a current product. I may find my resolve tested at times when looking at some of the reviews but will try to stick to what I've got. At least this strategy will be good for my wallet !

So am I alone in thinking like this ?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Andy F and scotty76 like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. scotty76

scotty76 Registered User

There are a lot of options but I try to be disciplined and use up what I've got first. It's hard. :D

4. Taxboy

Taxboy Registered User

Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself in check but it's not helped by p&p costs these days so tend to try and bulk up orders

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

5. scotty76

scotty76 Registered User

Polished Bliss do free P&P on everything which is nice. Sometimes find good deals on EBay too.

Taxboy likes this.
  6. robps3

robps3 Registered User

totally with you on this, I kept of DW for a while as i read something when out and bought it and as you say no different sometimes worse than what i had before. Im still doing it though, Ive just bought a show wax which is great but a lot more oily than than the wax before and harder to remove because of it. gbp60 which imho i should have saved i have four pots of unused 200ml wax and two of them were bought within the last three weeks lol.

same with QD, ive got Z8 which is my favourite and ive got a sonax, definitve wax qd and ive just bought feynlab qd because of the hype (no different than anything else ive got) so thats another gbp18.

thats it now im sticking to what i know, i gave loads of half usd products away a few weeks back. one of my mates has stuck to autoglym religiously and tbh his car is amazing and he doesnt pay silly money for his products especially on the 3 for 2 offer at halfrauds.

im going to get through the stuff i have and not buy anymore lol

scotty76, Sandra and Taxboy like this.
  7. S3_TDI

S3_TDI Registered User

I also have been one to get carried away with the hype of certain products and end up buying expensive stuff I don't "need".

In the past I have put a few different products on the same panel and could not see much (if any) difference.

For me know I TRY my best to use up what I've got first.!

8. scotty76

scotty76 Registered User

I have a 6 year old pot of Autoglym HD Wax in the garage. :) Still half of it left. It felt so expensive when I first bought it, now I slap it on anything!

9. robps3

robps3 Registered User

we should set up a swaps section, so we all get to try something different without spending anymore cash, in fact a pot of wax can go round and round.

scotty76 likes this.
  10. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@scotty76 - ^ me too ;) :D