Today's the day!

adymcd

Reaction score
Well this day seems to have taken an age to arrive, I have had to wait 11 wweks for the car to arrive but late last week my new S3 Sportback finally landed at an Audi garage near me as they say. I am really looking forward to the change having had BMW's for the last 8 years and whilst on paper it should not be as quick as my 335 in reality I expect it to be a lot closer call.

Spec as follows.

Ibis White
Black Headlining
Bucket Seats
Folding Mirrors
Panoramic Sunroof
Parking Sensors Front & Rear
Privacy Glass
Tyre Pressure Monitors
Piano Black Trims
Black Headlining
Interior Light Pack
Black Styling Pack
Bose
High Beam Assist
DVD Navigation
Bluetooth Phone Prep - Low
AMI
Light and Rain Sensor Pack
Cruise Control

I have changed the standard wheels to 19" Bi-colour Sportec's so they should be on the car when I collect it later today, that way I don't have to discuss them with the wife!

I will post some pictures up later tonight.

Last edited:
Well this day seems to have taken an age to arrive, I have had to wait 11 wweks for the car to arrive but late last week my new S3 finally landed at an Audi garage near me as they say. I am really looking forward to the change having had BMW's for the last 8 years and whilst on paper it should not be as quick as my 335 in reality I expect it to be a lot closer call.

Spec as follows.

Ibis White
Black Headlining
Bucket Seats
Folding Mirrors
Panoramic Sunroof
Parking Sensors Front & Rear
Privacy Glass
Tyre Pressure Monitors
Piano Black Trims
Black Headlining
Interior Light Pack
Black Styling Pack
Bose
High Beam Assist
DVD Navigation
Bluetooth Phone Prep - Low
AMI
Light and Rain Sensor Pack
Cruise Control

I have changed the standard wheels to Bi-colour Sportec's so they should be on the car when I collect it later today, that way I don;'t have to discuss them with the wife!

I will post some pictures up later tonight.

Am i jealous !!!! YOU BET I AM :respekt:

I ordered my S3 black edition on christmas eve and still have not got it yet!!! when did you order your car??? what was your build week? mine was week 11
post some pics ASAP!!! happy driving!

I ordered my S3 black edition on christmas eve and still have not got it yet!!! when did you order your car??? what was your build week? mine was week 11
post some pics ASAP!!! happy driving!

Not what you are going to want to hear but I ordered it on the 25th January 2010, build week was 10 I think from memory.

OK here are a few pictures that I took at the weekend after a couple of coats os Swissvax BofS
_DSC4169.jpg

_DSC4166.jpg

_DSC4162.jpg

_DSC4163.jpg

_DSC4171.jpg

_DSC4172.jpg

_DSC4180.jpg

_DSC4184_2.jpg

_DSC4179.jpg

Last edited:
Looks stunning! Congratulations :icon_thumright:

I made the trek down to APS today, 138 miles down the M1 in the record time of 3hrs 15mins!

They installed the Bilstein PSS10 kit and the H & R arb's. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with both before and during the day, they dropped straight onto the car and had me on my way home for 1pm.

Initial thoughts are the car now stands better than it did on the standard suspension, I have not gone too low at the minute as I don't want problems with bottoming out on the ring. Ride quality is greatly improved over standard it no longer crashes into holes in the road, this could be because the setting currently are 5F 4R.

The arb's have made a big difference to the turn in of the car, this was one of my original issues as I felt the rear end needed to be a little more fluid and the front end needed to turn in sharper.

A couple of quick photos, I will do some better ones when the car is clean.

_DSC4186.jpg

_DSC4187.jpg

Lovely car, lovely seats, lovely colour, the black centres let the wheels down man, I'm afraid.

I just fancied a change from the all black or all silver look to be honest.

Yeh I understand that, but anthracite centres work better with diamond cut rims, the black is too harsh a contrast anyway, what do I know :sorry:

very very nice car and love the rims!!

Looks great mate but please take the 'Ring sticker off. Unless a car has been on the track it doesn't deserve the sticker :no:

Looks great mate but please take the 'Ring sticker off. Unless a car has been on the track it doesn't deserve the sticker :no:

Staz

The car has done around 15 laps of the ring earlier this month, I actually have a season ticket and a proper car for the track though, the S3 is just a daily driver and a means of getting to the ring as the CSL lives in Germany during the summer.

21.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:
oh right! my apologies, and much respect to you!

Last edited:
oh right! my apologies, and much respect to you!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

No problems, usually the stickers without nurburgring written at the side of them belong to the more serious people

congratulations! looks gd, and nice spec....... and that csl is:hubbahubba: