Today's dyno results

Sorry, yes it was an eBay specific kit, doesn't look like I can gain more height (and with no flow over it, not much point). Can definitely go wider and already looking at replacing all the pipework with larger stuff

The Treadstone TR18T is a nice bit of kit and is rated to 480bhp. It was designed to fit the stock front bumper although it will still need the crash bar and some plastic removing.

I got mine through American eBay, just Google for an image. Probably works out quite expensive now with the exchange rate but it's very well made.

Found a universal cooler 700 x 180 x 65 with 57mm inlets. A quick butchers outside would indicate it may fit and get better air flow over it not having a lump in static air behind the number plate

is the core 700? or the end tanks? The curve of the bumper means even a 550 wide core starts to cause fitment issues. a 700 wide core is really going to stick out.

I would go for a taller unit. Despite having less airflow, it all acts as a heatsink, and theres very likely more air flowing thru it than you think due to the high pressure area and the way air flows thru the rad pack.

I've asked around about the glued vs brazed cores, and the best results seems to be to buy directly from toyosport rather than from ebay.

This is what i have:

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/fmic-ffront-mount-turbo-intercooler-type-r-550x225x64mm-7499-955-p.asp