Today your name is......

Jimmeh

Today your name is Jim White...

and tomorrow you want to buy a personalised registration plate.

You're budget is £400, you're 20 years of age and you're options are:

1. JIII MNW

2. JIII MNN

3. Xx JFW

What would you do?

#1 reflects 'Jim W#, just the 'N' is a bit random. Both #1 and #2 look more 'fun' than the third, but I don't know if this is something I'm looking for?

#3 is smarter... the options available here range from 'X123 JFW' to 'X2 JFW' (obviously the lesser the numbers, the more expensive.) (X being any letter... as my audi is an S REG, so it needs to be S or below.)

What are you thoughts here Jim White's? :)

AndyMac

If I was 20 years old I can think of a million better ways to spend £400.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
I prefer CUE 80Y, but that's a fair bit more than £400! Buy yourself a Nintendo Wii and a few games for Xmas mate. ;)

AndyMac

Unless you can afford a proper one like HOT 80X or BEG 41T then it's just feeble IMO.

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Using J111 is a good start, is you put a "bolt" inbetween the 2nd & 3rd "1", as in J11'1 then it'll look like JIM if the spacing is done right. Have a look on the DVLA website, loads of options for J111 reg's. How about "J111 WTF" as in the internet slang WTF?! Or "J111 XXL" which you could say is a boast about your manhood?!

james0808

I have JW initials and its a pain to find a good reg.
I got one ending JW,looks cool when its gapped right.
Heres a pic when it was on my Audi.
Photo-0251.jpg

m40rcd

Sunny Delight
jojo said:
I prefer CUE 80Y, but that's a fair bit more than £400! Buy yourself a Nintendo Wii and a few games for Xmas mate. ;)

More than £400, alot more and currently owned by one of the welsh snooker players, matthew stevens did own it i believe :no: seen cue 180y outside CIA in cardiff the other day i'd settle for that

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Nickynibbles said:
Or "J111 XXL" which you could say is a boast about your manhood?!

:sadlike: I would expect a fat Jimmy to step out of this car! :lmfao:

Jimmeh

jojo said:
:sadlike: I would expect a fat Jimmy to step out of this car! :lmfao:

haha, in my case it would be "JII'I XXS".

after several different ideas and a few hours playing with photoshop, I think i'll stick to the JFW tbh. 10 years down the line, it will look much smarter, rather than having JIMMM NWEEEY splahed on the front/back of my car.

:D

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Jimmeh said:
haha, in my case it would be "JII'I XXS".

after several different ideas and a few hours playing with photoshop, I think i'll stick to the JFW tbh. 10 years down the line, it will look much smarter, rather than having JIMMM NWEEEY splahed on the front/back of my car.

:D

Good choice, keeping it plain & simple will ensure your happy with it for longer.

Jimmeh

Hi Tracer,

quite like the idea of the A4 JXW, certainly one to consider. Although, I drive an A3 not an A4. D'oh!

I wouldn't buy a plate that is car specific (unless I had a serious amout of cash, with a seriously awesome car). you're never going to keep the car, (in my case won't keep it longer than 2 years...) so I figure it has to 'me specific'.

Hopefully picking up my new wheels at the weekend, so I'll look into this again then! :)