Today joined all those rocking the RS4 RARB

dpbayly

Reaction score
Well I would never had believed changing the rear anti roll bar could make such a drastic deference to the handling and all that grin factor for such a good price ....

Anyone considering this mod consider no more just do it, you will be amazed.

The thickness of the bar is only 4mm larger but it weighs loads more and looks massive in comparison to the weedy standard bar, anyone could take on this simple mod with basic tools jack, axel stands,13mm,16mm sockets 16mm,18mm, spanners and around 1-1.5hrs on your drive, you need to drop the back boxes off the exhaust rubbers to give you enough wriggle room.

bar comparison pics:

20130201_153153_zps24d49a95.jpg

20130201_153210_zps96cc40ed.jpg

Cool glad you like it mate, did u put new drop links on and in what way does it feel so much better, Is it lean when going round corners etc?
my avant feels like a boat and its supposed to be a sport, the 19s with low profile tyres helped but I'm thinking about this now!

Yep replaced the drop links too, the old ones were not that bad but thought as i have it apart then it makes sense.

The difference is very noticeable I only drove round the village I live in and the first corner I went round was weird you expect the car to behave in a certain way then i doesn't and catches you a bit by surprise...... in a good way it just feels planted and a lot more sure footed and flat at the rear

Just been out an measured and nope it's exactly the same hight as before.

I have one for sale, comes with bushes too, its an excellent mod, im selling the car so putting it back to std

My cab has a 16mm arb fitted as standard, I can't decide between the full RS4 or not... I can get a 20mm arb cheap that's all....

SE bar = 16mm
S Line bar = 18mm
S4 bar = 20mm
RS4 bar = 22mm

Don't skimp by buying the S4 arb an extra 2mm will make all the difference. Remember you will be able to swap your arbs around and sell on here when your changing your car, there are plenty of members who would like to do this mod. Not many will want the 20mm arb though.

What ^ said...

Also the RS4 one is not just thicker it's also a more dense material so I've been told to make even more stiff.

My Avant was an SE so maybe my stock bar was 16mm too i never measured i thought 18mm was the smallest one

ive sold it now , thanks to everyone who took interest

Mined turned up a few days ago! - cant wait to fit, should make a nice difference along with coilovers.

how much do these cost and part number?